Packaging Designers manage the design execution process for regional packaging or retail design. They partner with multifunctional internal & external project team to enable quality design intent delivery at shelf or in-store.
• Prefer 2 year degree in Design-related field and/or minimum of 2 years of Design Production & Print experience (Design Firm, Printer, Production House preferred)
• OR 2 years proven in-role experience in CPG industry
• Design Production & Print experience
• Basic understanding of the E2E design process: from design concept through design production.
• Thorough/In depth understanding of Print Feasibility, Print Quality, and Pre-Press
• Thorough/In depth understanding with artwork file production, fit for use requirements, print process capabilities, substrates/finishes, Color Management & digital proofing
• Munsell Test score of ‘Average Discrimination’ or above
• Print trial or print production run experience preferred
• Design Execution Leadership & Project Management experience
• Able to demonstrate solid collaboration skills with multi-functional teams and outside suppliers.
• Strong project and time management skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail.
• Basic business communication planning & execution skills – verbal and written.
• Proactively identify issues, and willingness to continually build on knowledge to optimize tools and processes.
• Ability to analyze and assess current state and recommend systemic improvements
• Brand Equity & Design understanding
• Basic understanding of brand equity, brand identity systems, Design implementation and production guidelines, and how to translate design intent to packaging and other mediums.
• Basic understanding of design, design assets, and importance of design principles to achieve visual consistency
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
• Print trial or print production run experience
• Munsell Test score of ‘Superior Discrimination’
• Experience working in the consumer packaged goods industry
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flash)