Our client, a global manufacturing company specializing in the highest quality car care chemicals, car wash accessories, buffing pads and machines are looking to for a Payroll Benefits Administrator to join their team!
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will report to the HR Manager. This position has responsibilities for owning and supporting the overall tactical execution of the payroll and benefits functions. This role is critical in providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. They will also be responsible for supporting the core HR function. Our client, prides itself on delivering products and services of the highest quality and uniformity to consistently meet their customers' needs. We are fortunate to have a well-established, workforce, management team, policies and procedures to achieve our goals.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all queries relating to payroll and benefits (federal, state and local)
- Prepare and process payroll; review and file quarterly and annual payroll returns
- Administrator for the 401K plan, assist in fielding questions, enrollment and communication around the plan.
- Complete annual 5500 filing with HRIS provider (Paychex), 401k audit of contributions and true-up calculations
- Reconcile and manage group benefit billing and reporting monthly and work with finance to provide reports each pay period on PTO accruals, etc.
- Manage payroll & benefits onboarding for all new hires and lead open enrollment in conjunction with HR Manager
- Coordinate leave of absences; ensuring compliance with federal, state and local leave regulations as well as company policy. Ensure continuity of benefits for employees on leave.
- Assist the HR Manager in maintaining employee payroll and benefits records in accordance to state and local laws
- Ensure employees are informed of benefit changes; prepare and deliver regular employee communication and training
- Identify, recommend and implement system and process improvements
- Manage and oversee time off tracking, requests and vacation accruals
- Help and assist in all audits from a payroll or benefits standpoint.
- Support the onboarding process by running background checks on new hires.
- Assist the Detail Garage division with HR related matters
- At least 5 years of experience administering payroll and benefits in multiple states
- BA degree or college experience in a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with HR & payroll systems (Paychex is a plus) as well as Excel
- Experience implementing system and process improvements
Key Success Factors:
- Displays a high level of integrity and the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Known for completing responsibilities thoroughly, accurately and timely
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize workload effectively
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving abilities
- Possesses a strong customer service mindset
- Good working knowledge of Paychex system
- PEO based benefits offerings
- Knowledge of administering payroll in states such as Arizona, Nevada and Hawaii
- Payroll certification
- Multi-lingual (Spanish)
This position is on-site in Gardena.
Please share your resume for immediate consideration!