Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Sr. Payroll Specialist for a 12 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
- As a Payroll Specialist, you will contribute to day-to-day payroll operations for our employees across the US, Canada, and Mexico using different technologies for both pay and time while ensuring compliance with wage and hour and regulatory reporting requirements. You will use your payroll fundamentals and experience to work on transactions as simple as daily off-cycle check processing and data entry into payroll systems to more complex activities, such as garnishment entry validation/calculations and time policy administration.
- Approver for payroll aspects of system and tax updates and enhancements.
- Accurate assessment and development of business requirements.
- Partner in cross function initiatives to implement improvements to systems and processes.
- Accountable for ensuring that systems configuration meets regulatory requirements Manages special projects as assigned.
- Monitor, test and validate system and tax updates.
- Experience with process design work.
- Experience with wage type configuration, symbolic accounts, off cycle workbench and garnishment configuration.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written skills.