• Engages in sample coordination by managing the organization, flow, and tracking of samples through internal photography and post-production processes; securing sample storage and staging areas; and partnering with Merchandising and Item
• Set-Up teams to forecast volume of incoming samples.
• Provides support for stylists and Photostudio crew members by assisting stylists with sample preparation (for example, product packing and unpacking, assembly, processing soft goods); and working with crew members to set-up and breakdown photo sets and equipment (for example, lighting, grip).
• Provides support for the production of on-location and in-studio photo shoots by adhering to imagery Service Level Agreements (SLAs); maintaining sample receipt deadlines, acceptance criteria, and integrity; and collaborating with photographers, stylists, and the Photo Operations Team to maintain and improve photo production efficiency.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
• An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
• Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members.
• Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service.
• Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members.
• Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
• Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions.
• Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions.
• Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities.
• Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
Execution and Results:
• Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization.
• Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance.
• Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives.
• Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
• Planning and Improvement: - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals.
• Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems.
• Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
• Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives.
• Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people.
• Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding.
• Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
• The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
• Enters and locates information on computer.
• Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
• Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
• Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
• Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
• Visually verifies information, often in small print.
• Reads information, often in small print.
• Bachelor's degree in Photography, Art, or related field OR 2 years experience in digital photography production or operations, or related field.
• 1 year experience in retail photography production.
• 1 year experience in digital marketing creative or related field.
• 1 year experience in professional digital photography.
• 1 year experience managing cross-functional projects.