Job descriptionThe Planner role is responsible for buying, analyzing and forecasting for our eCommerce division. This role’s focus is to create seasonal buying & planning strategies, OTB’s and demand planning for the eCommerce channel. This individual maintains the monthly divisional OTB and can speak to both pre-season and in-season plans. To excel in the position, this person must be a self-starter, have established buying and planning experience with excellent retail math and analytical skills, loves to think outside the box, and enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Product & Assortment Planning
• Build core and fashion assortments; provide prepared ideas on editing process based off hindsight’s and current sales trends.
• Maintain the buy plans & line sheets to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team.
• Partner with Planning Advisor on the determination of receipt plans, margin and IMU goals, and flow strategies to drive assortment execution
• Directs the buying function for the Division and is responsible for the assortment, market coverage, pricing, and margin performance
• Create a Bridal Pricing Strategy based on current market trends and historical Mumu bestseller data/price range.
• Present analysis by style/sku, delivery, & category to team and to understand prior performance & develop future goals.
• Review and recommend changes to current assortment mix, shifts of receipts when needed.
• Ensure that receipt goals are met each month and are reflected as new assortments are delivered online.
• Recap monthly & quarterly hindsight learnings to help guide future business
• Recap monthly reconciliation of receipts to hit turn plans; make recommendations for styles to pull forward, cancel, push out and quantities for chase.
Forecasting and Analysis
• Drives the development of pre-season merchandise plans, in-season OTB, product assortments, and profitability in conjunction with the founders and leadership team.
• Identifies opportunities and executes strategies to increase sales, margin, and turn to meet or exceed plan. Develop strategic seasonal business plans to drive the Bridal business.
• Forecasting demand sales for the core business to ensure production/sourcing are ahead of the curve for buys.
• Develops sound department and class level financial plans; re-forecasts in season based on current trend.
• Analyzes product performance in season, monitors demand, and adjusts forecasts to establish inventory levels that drive sales and maximize profitability.
• Develop analysis to understand significant variances to plan and develop action plans that mitigate additional risk.
• Utilize historical data and current trends to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks.
• Complete SKU forecasts in conjunction with buying team. Align detailed forecasts with merchandise financial plans by month.
• Partner with founders and design team on assortment strategies based on hindsight analysis.
Open-to-Buy/ Inventory Management
• Maintain monthly OTB, reforecast sales, margin, receipts and inventory on a monthly basis. Speak to changes and variances.
• Communicate the state of the business in weekly meetings and monthly OTB meetings. Recommend strategic actions to maximize sales and margin, optimize inventory, and mitigate risk.
• Ensure that on-order and committed receipts are delivering on time to support forecasts. Identify risks and drive action plans. Recommend “chasing” or “reflowing” receipts as appropriate. Weekly/Monthly Business Management
• Communicate state of the business to leadership and cross-functional teams within season action plans to drive sales.
• Manage sku level inventories and replenishment forecasting based on sales performance
• Analyze stock levels and present “action points” for the management of inventory and receipts.
• Work with cross functional team and supply chain to create ATS orders as needed to drive sales.
• Manage sku level inventories and replenishment based on sales performance
• Create and maintain reports for the team as needed. Assortment Planning (Buy Plans)
• Maintain divisional buy plans to achieve sales, sell thru, and receipt strategies
• Review historical performance at the category and key item level and make assortment recommendations to founders.
• Present analysis by style (APS), delivery, & category to understand prior performance & develop future goals.
• Review and recommend changes to current assortment mix
• Lock plans seasonally & ensure that re-forecasting is reflected as new assortments are delivered.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 5-8 years’ experience working in a buying or planning function
• Full Circle or any ERP Systems experience a PLUS
• Advanced MS Excel skills required
• Strong Analytical and Business knowledge of retail and merchandising concepts • Advanced experience with Planning and Merchandising applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
• Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines.
• Collaborative ability to lead and motivate team
• Bachelor’s Degree