Our Planning Director is responsible for overseeing, developing, and implementing strategic planning on a number of dynamic brands within multiple categories, including, but not limited to: CPG, healthcare, dining and automotive (along with multiple new opportunities via new business development efforts)
• Establish, execute and maintain strategic direction for brands through rigorous business quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Manage the development and implementation of business research analyses required for brands, assessing and compiling market trends, and providing guidance in analyses of consumer research such as demographics, behavior, usage and attitudes.
• Supervise business research projects such as segmentation projects and provide guidance to account and creative teams in developing strategies used in communications.
• Develop creative briefs and formulate recommendations in aid of business market needs.
• Follow and analyze broader consumer attitudes and trends and applying an understanding of these trends to brand specific communications with creative teams to ensure understanding and grounding leading to those briefs.
• Participate and lead strategic inputs in new business pitches, as part of an integrated team
• Oversee and mentor brand planners, helping them craft research plans, briefs and dynamic client needs
7-9 years’ experience within a strategic planning department at an advertising or marketing agency designing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative research (including concept tests, advertising copy tests, tracking studies, A&U and segmentation studies) in order to develop and implement strategic marketing plans to create brand platforms and positioning for clients. Diverse experience working across multiple categories including healthcare/pharma, CPG, auto and dining is highly preferred.
Please note that this position reports into the departments Group Planning Directors and will work closely with senior members of the agency team in creative, account planning, digital and media departments.
• Must have experience in researching and utilizing social media to formulate strategic marketing plans reflecting pop culture.
• Must have experience in working with creative teams to direct messaging content and serve as a brainstorming facilitator and focus group moderator.
• Must have experience in developing and delivering client and internal presentations.
• Must have a minimal level of experience participating in new business settings/pitches
• Preferred have worked in an agency setting previously of similar size and structure to