Our client is a well-known haircare company this is seeking a new Planning Manager to join their team!
The Planning Manager will partner with Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to manage and oversee an accurate financial and demand forecast for all SKUs in both of the companies brands. They will be responsible for the analysis, creation and maintenance of accurate unit forecasts and valuations. The completed forecasts are the basis of company production and purchasing decisions. The role of the Planning Manager is to own all aspects of a forecasting sales, inventory and margin for a brand globally.
- Oversee and maintain accurate 12-month forecasts for brand, account and SKU levels, while maintaining sales growth, reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch volumes, planogram changes and seasonal volume
- Analyze historical sales data and future plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts. Using projected demand plans, work towards continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan
- Forecast inventory on a monthly basis and ensure proper inventory levels are maintained by consistently reviewing weeks of supply, sell thru and trend
- Prepare and animate weekly or monthly Sales, Purchasing, Operations, Finance and Marketing meetings to share the revised Sales Plan with risks and opportunities and propose actions plans
- Partner closely with Purchasing to develop buy plans incorporating accurate vendor lead-times for manufacturing and shipment, MOQ/EOQ, and safety stock programs
- Establish together with Finance and Brand Presidents Inventory Velocity-Turns, OH, Aging, Safety Stock, Min/Max, MOQ, Inventory to Sales Ratios
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to develop launch forecasts and strategies for newness. Complete post-launch evaluation and capture and apply knowledge learned
- Reconcile forecasted units to Gross Sales financial forecasts to ensure alignment
- Develop strong working knowledge of marketing/sales/customer business plans to validate forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment
- Gather qualitative information from Purchasing, Sales and Marketing to present weekly follow-up of risks and out of stocks with all teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Previous knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, COGNOS, Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning.
- Highly skilled in Excel Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Multi-Tasking Skills, Innovative, Supervisory Skills
- Minimum six years of experience in Planning.
- Experience managing a team
Location: Option to work 100% remote with 3-4 mandatory trips per year to HQ in Brooklyn, NY (paid by company)
Additional job requirement: This job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
Volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy - and pursuing B-Corp certification!
Shared core values among staff who are passionate about what they do