Our client, a longstanding leader in the Market Research space, is looking for a confident and hard-working PR Manager to join their team on a FT basis. This person will need to have existing connections to the media outlets, be able to nurture and grow existing relationships. as well as cultivate new ones in order to build the brand presence and awareness. We prefer candidate to be local to Chicago, but are open to remote.
a PR Manager to support the brand's initiative to elevate share of voice via earned media, and position key executives as thought leaders. Through thought leadership that elevates the Brand, public relations communications, event strategies, and digital marketing campaigns, this role will provide support on a wide range of marketing and communications services.
Together with the Director of Marketing, the PR Manager will drive and maintain new media partnerships leveraging the owned-data and market research team. In addition to growing our partner network, the PR Manager will focus on maturing key executive profiles via opinion editorials, profile features, and interview.
We are looking to hire a PR Manager with significant experience working with members of the media at various levels (from editors to reporters) and ability to build and nurture strong relationships with both new media targets and existing media partners. This role will be expected to be a creative individual with fantastic communication skills and excellent time management. This role will also require the candidate to manage multiple media initiatives projects and work across the organization to execute marketing initiatives. In addition to working closely with the Director of Marketing and CEO, the PR Manager will also work closely with the rest of the Central Marketing team including the market research team and a Content Strategist.
The PR Manager Will:
- Responsible for owning proactive outreach to the media; and develop and maintain key media partnerships
- Craft compelling narratives and strong pitch ideas around new research, new product/service offerings and emerging trends that resonate with the media and Harris Poll stakeholders, customers and prospects
- Responsible for working closely with the CEO to identify and execute on earned and owned media and speaking opportunities that elevate executive profiles
- Prepare, train and coach CEO for media interviews; creating talking points, fact sheets and other background materials
- Responsible for writing and editing blog posts, op-eds, press releases and other marketing communication materials
The PR Manager Must Have/Be:
- Experience working with members of the media at various levels (from editors to reporters) and ability to build and nurture strong relationships with both new media targets and existing media partners
- Experience with data-driven PR and media relations; ability to inform survey design and interpret survey findings to create engaging, media-ready content and storylines
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail; ability to coach others on writing and to independently produce clear, concise and error-free final copy
- Project management experience, including the ability to manage and suggest improvements to team processes around content development, campaign management and editorial calendars
- Ability to think strategically and a solid understanding of how marketing and public relations tactics drive the marketing team and brand toward its goals
- Ability to communicate ideas, strategy & execution with members of the C-suite and advancing the strategy for executive visibility
- People management experience; ability to manage cross-functionally, manage up and supervise the work of junior staff either directly or indirectly
- Bachelor’s Degree required
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and placement/media samples today!