As the Public Relations Specialist, you are responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for our client. You are in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients.
- Content- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote clients
- Preparing and editing organization publications, including employee newsletters or board member reports, for internal and external audiences. Updating and maintaining Web content.
- Public Relations- Maintains our image and identity. Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media and designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Organize public relations events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson.
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends.
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising.
- Manage any public relations issues that arise.
- Prepare and submit public relations reports.
- Collaboration- Conferring with managers to identity trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions. Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior leadership.
- Collaborates with leaders to identify trends and evaluate advertising to determine whether it is in sync with the organization’s public relation efforts.
- Establish cadence and publicity schedule with each department.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in public relations
- Experience handling a press conference
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Experience with Businesswire publishing and Meltwater/Cision/Prowly public relations software platforms
- Experience working within a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred.
- Experience working within a start-up and/or ambiguous environment, with proven experience to be adaptable preferred.