Our client is a full service entertainment marketing agency offering celebrity, influencer, experiential, media and PR services. Clients include fashion, beauty, wellness, food & beverage, hospitality, business leaders and more.
PR Account Director Overview:
As Director of Public Relations, you will expand the reach of our client’s story. The Director of Public Relations will be responsible for developing and managing the organization's external communications, influencer marketing, and media relations strategy through effective collaborations with the paid, shared, and owned media efforts. This position can be based in New York or Los Angeles.
PR Account Director Responsibilities:
· Develop a year-long plan of PR initiatives and campaigns to unlock earned media placements in the business, lifestyle, travel/tourism, and tech verticals
· Improve tracking and reporting to help the organization understand effectiveness of PR and influence future initiatives
· Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and marketing team to identify proactive media opportunities in response to wider business priorities
· Keep a pulse on trends in the travel, entertainment, tours and activities spaces to identify opportunities for media placement, marketing campaigns, and client’s product development
PR Director Qualifications:
· BA/BS degree with 5-8 years of experience working in Public Relations or a related function
· A strong storyteller, able to distill content, support with data, and curate appropriate images
· Proven track record of creating solid relationships with internal business partners and media contacts
· 10+ years experience in corporate communications and public relations
· An effective communicator and storyteller who can work with cross-functional teams, manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, and produce under tight deadlines
· A strong writer who can turn technical capabilities into clear, concise, and compelling benefits for the right audience