Print Production Supervisor – Hybrid role in Irvine
Print Production Supervisor Oversees all phases of print production of creative/promotional campaigns and design by graphics studio and outside vendors within established budget limitations to optimize sales and marketing objectives. Phases of production include consulting with creative and client services groups throughout project timeline, scheduling, estimating costs, overseeing mechanical production, issuing purchase orders, and final approval of the finished pieces and invoices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Serves as production manager on all materials produced by Our Clientfor its clients, including but not limited to collateral, kits, demonstration models, training materials, displays, etc.
• Works with creative team from project inception through project completion.
• Advises on printing or production of materials created by other departments.
• Provides technical assistance for production issues to ensure that the appropriate quality is attained by working with the Art Director and outside vendors.
• Ensures each design is correctly and effectively translated into finished pieces.
• Oversees press runs at printers either in conjunction with Art Director(s) or alone to ensure that desired result is achieved. • Also supervises fulfillment and bindery work as necessary.
• Supervises purchases of all printing and printing-related material requisitioned by Our Clientto ensure that all job specifications are met.
• Monitors project progression to ensure all due dates are met.
• Manages all logistics of finished materials including sales force drop shipments, meetings collateral distribution, and warehouse inventory management.
• Originates estimates to provide clients with all anticipated costs on jobs.
• Provides estimated production hours and estimated vendor costs.
• Collects external costs from art buyer (to include illustration, photography and talent buy-outs).
• Procures and evaluates competitive print bids to ensure realistic pricing.
• Also reviews and submits costs for non-printed promotional items, kits, and sales tools.
• Reviews and approves all invoices for materials purchased by Pacific Communications.
• Compares invoices to P.O.’s to validate final costs against bids and is responsible for resolving any discrepancies.
• Provides art studio with production specifications on all jobs and ensures that all mechanical files are built in compliance with outside vendor mandates for final output.
• Complies with Our Client preferred vendor program by working with companies on the approved vendor list and only when necessary, with input from Creative and Client Services, uses outside sources.
• Based on past and anticipated future usage if there is a viable non-preferred vendor, investigates potential competitors to maintain a vendor list that provides Our Client with the highest quality work for the most reasonable price. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Education and Experience • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an emphasis in graphics arts or a related field • Five years experience in print production and graphic arts • Thorough knowledge of printing and production techniques with significant advertising agency experience Essential Skills and Abilities • Must know the following software: Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be Internet savvy and up to date with current graphics technology. • Ability to supervise vendors and freelancers and work effectively with others, especially under pressure of meeting project deadlines • Good interpersonal skills to function effectively as integrator between key parties involved in projects • Effective communication skills, both oral and written. • Detail oriented • Deadline driven • Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to quickly prioritize • Good leadership skills