We're looking for a Procurement Assistant to help develop, manage, and optimize our sourcing process as well as support our product innovation which is a big pillar of our growth.
You’ll be responsible for issuing purchase orders in Netsuite and keeping track of each stage of the order through our ERP system up to delivery and invoicing. You’ll be supplied with all relevant information about cost and terms.
Once the order has reached the warehouse, you will also be involved in the QC process working with the receiving team to create QC reports and submit damage claims to the vendor should any issues arise.
Inventory management will play a key part in your role and will include running inventory reports against sales and projections, scheduling deliveries between the various warehouse locations, and submitting reorder recommendations to the Sourcing Manager based on changes in demand.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Wine Production Dry Goods:
- Receive the approved dry goods list for each varietal from the Sourcing Manager.
- Write POs in Netsuite based on the confirmed production schedule, price, & terms.
- Monitor the production of dry goods from order placement to delivery to the bottling facility
- Maintain weekly WIP reports with each vendor to track the progress of the order.
- Oversee the coordination of dry goods orders for all except labels (at the beginning, label production will still be overseen by the Sourcing Manager).
- Communicate with the vendors for the dry goods delivery schedule.
- Review the vendor’s invoice against the PO price & standard cost for accuracy and flag any inaccuracies with the Sourcing Manager.
- Create/ maintain SKUs & barcodes for new products.
- Gifting & Packaging
- Place the reorders for gifting & packaging products based on the forecast (write PO and submit to the vendors, notify warehouses of the upcoming delivery, track the shipment, review invoice)
- Maintain processes with the warehouse team for receiving and documenting product delivery
Input and maintain order data in Netsuite
Experience and Skills Needed:
- A bachelor's degree in business science, logistics or business
- 3+ years of experience in a procurement or logistic environment.
- Experience in vendor-facing relationships.
- Aptitude for problem-solving and innovation.
- A propensity to work in a fast-paced environment
- High communication skills with an ability to communicate/collaborate cross-functionally across internal teams.
- Proficient in Google Business Suite (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides) and Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Bonus: you have experience working with large-scale organizations.
- Heart, passion, and responsibility to your company and team.
- A track record of great achievements.
- Combination of rigor and creativity.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better on a daily basis.
- Passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- A strong drive to complete tasks.
- Personal and corporate integrity.
What’s In It For You:
- A best in class team and company culture
- A fun, but very hard-working and dedicated environment
- Medical benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays