We are a design and manufacturing firm headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area, with regional offices in Pasadena, Hong Kong and Mainland China. As a home accessories lifestyle brand, we understand better living starts at home. Everything we do centers around the principles of design and collaboration, to curate collections for an elevated casual lifestyle. We work with established and well-known gift and homeware retailers to deliver successful inline and seasonal programs with a unique point of view season after season.
We are hiring a Product Designer to be part of our Design team. This is a full-time position with benefits. We do not provide work visa sponsorship.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Generating new product concepts for major corporate accounts in the mass-market channel.
• Implementing design changes and improvements throughout the development process.
• Creating and developing detailed illustrated product concepts for presentation to clients.
• Assisting in the product development cycle for assigned programs from design inception to final production.
• Creation of production art files for product sampling and manufacturing, minimizing revisions and resampling.
• Projects may include product renderings, physical mock-ups, packaging, presentation tools and marketing materials.
• Becoming familiar with the variety of accounts and their respective quality and pricing requirements will be key to being successful in this role.
• Providing support to Art Directors with additional duties as necessary.
Required Skills/ Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the design field preferred.
• Understanding of industry trends and the ability to interpret and translate market research into trend boards.
• Ability to generate new product concepts – figural and surface design - on an accelerated schedule is a must.
• Experience with major retailers, marketplace housewares trends, and tabletop a plus.
• Familiarity with ceramic mass production process (domestic or overseas) is helpful but not required.
• Must be team-oriented, willing to wear different hats, ego-free and have a strong work ethic.
• Must be extremely organized with the ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
Proficiency in the following programs required:
• Photoshop (including color correction)
• Microsoft Office
*LA would be preferred location
-open to 100% remote PST preferred