Job descriptionOur client a multinational toy company that designs, develops and manufactures custom consumer products for some of the world’s most recognizable brands is looking for a Product Designer to join their team.
- Irvine /Onsite
Duties and Responsibilities
• Illustrate and hand sketch new product concepts; present to management and customers as needed.
• Create colored renderings of new product costs; present to management and customers as needed.
• Prepare concept sheets to send to oversees vendors for costing and to explain the product features.
• Work on graphic design as associated to packaging, layouts and presentations.
• Prepare packaging files for print; send art to vendors and customers as needed; daily tasks will include taking photos, cropping
photos, adding global legal text requirements, re-layering files, correcting typos/errors, finding translations, etc.
• Evaluate incoming samples and 3D images; prepare product call-out sheets, draw-overs and mechanical drawings.
• Help create marketing brochures and sales presentations.
• Support in the product development process as necessary; focusing on schedule, safety, manufacturability, and costing.
• Participate in new product concepting and brainstorming – preparing ideas, designs and options for new projects.
• Coordinate and prepare packaging mock-ups and hand models.
• Support with product photography as needed for packaging.
• Help with sound editing and sound file splicing as needed.
• Prepare and organize incoming and outgoing samples.
• Travel to HK/China as needed to support product development initiatives.
• Identify new opportunities, markets and product trends to pursue.
• Support marketing team and sales strategies as needed.
Skills and Requirements
• BA/BS in product design, toy design, industrial design, graphic design or equivalent
• Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite). Requirement to have more than entry level Photoshop experience
• Strong illustration and sketching skill set
• Proven abilities with ideation, concept rendering and brainstorming
• Relevant experience in toy or consumer products highly preferred
• Knowledge of 3D design programs a plus, however, not required
• Knowledge of materials and manufacturing process a plus, however, not required
• Proven ability to work in an innovative, and entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks and
• Flexible with changing projects and priorities; ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
• Highly motivated; able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills; goal and deadline oriented
• Ability to complete all tasks by the agreed-to deadlines without issue