Our client, and innovative agency that designs end-to-end experiences is looking for a Product Designer to join their team on a Contract to Hire basis.
Contract period will be 40 hours a week for a duration of 9 months to 1 year with potential for renewal or conversion. Can start ASAP!
Title: UX / Product Designer
Location: New York City
Type: Freelance - Hybrid (2-3 days per week on-site)
Duration: 9-12 months (strong possibility to extend/renew)
Hours: 40 hours per week
You will work on some very dynamic and innovative technical projects. The client is one of the leaders in the Financial Services Industry. While you will be working with other team members, that do sit on-site at the client site.
We’re looking for the type of designer that knows how to use both sides of the brain, is fluent in the language of visual communication and can articulate how smart design decisions relate to business goals and best practices.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push design and product from the ground up and is looking for ownership while being curious and open. You’re focused on action and lead by example in a hands-on and collaborative way.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to apply your design and leadership talents across multiple verticals and directly impact businesses and their users all while learning a few things along the way, this role is for you!
The Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Be a relentless advocate for our clients and their users while taking pride in ensuring features are brought to the market successfully
- Thrive in ambiguity, and bring energy, curiosity, and passion for all things design, process and team culture Embrace autonomy to take full ownership of your work from initial IA and wireframes to final delivered experiences
- Drive client presentations and discussions of your team’s work
- Respectfully decline the status quo and push both clients and colleagues outside their comfort zones
- Work with cross-functional teams and Client Partners to scope project requirements. Understands how to communicate with engineers/developers.
- Participate in design team reviews, sharing, and brainstorms
- Become an expert and apply your design thinking and execution skills throughout the entire product lifecycle, keeping a keen eye on opportunities to step in and step up
- Be a flexible team player that is additive, honest, and humble
- Evolving skill sets: Grow through career / Learn adapting
- Several Years of Experience in Product design
- Strong Portfolio of relatable work
- Toolset Proficiency
- Experience Working with cross-functional teams
- Familiar with design processes / agile methodology / product design cycle
- Experience with UX Design best practices
If you are qualified for and interested in this position please forward your portfolio today!