Our client, a company growing RAPIDLY in the CPG and Retail space, is looking to add a Product Designers to their team on a contract to hire basis. You MUST have experience in eCommerce!
As the Product Designer, you’ll be a thought leader for the UX of the Core Shopping experience division. The ideal candidate will be a systems-level design thinker and visionary, with strong customer instincts and outstanding design intuition. Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our customers to accomplish their goals in the easiest and most enjoyable way possible.
The Core Shopping Design team elevates the brand to provide a world-class shopping experience - end-to-end - across desktop, tablet, and mobile apps and web. Our product landscape includes Navigation, Homepage, Search, Browse (ELP/PLP), Product Detail Page (PDP), Cart, Checkout, Account, CMS/Promotions, and Gifting.
The Product Designer Will:
- Drive the design process and propelling teams to completion - working closely with our partners in research, product management and engineering to help shape the future of how consumers shop!
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, user researchers, and other designers to execute concepts that deliver on user and business goals while elevating our customer experience.
- Operate at depth to lead the design of the lower-funnel customer journey, focusing on how users add items to their cart, seamlessly and securely checkout, and manage their post-purchase experience.
- Create simple and beautifully engaging, cohesive, consistent UX that elevates our consumer's checkout experience.
- Act like an owner on the team to deliver work by leading innovative and holistic thinking across diverse products, platforms, and devices; drive the direction, style, and methodology of design and accessibility.
- Put the Customers first, and utilize design thinking principles through all facets of the product design life cycle, from discover and concept ideation, through flows and wireframes, to full-fidelity prototype designs. Enabling you to build engaging user experiences for multiple user groups that solve business objectives with purpose and simplicity.
- Think big, and champion cohesion and consistency in UX design that unites a growing family of Enterprise products, while continuing to nurture and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
- Deliver results by presenting and articulating your design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives.
The Product Designer Must Have/Be:
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- Preferred use of FIGMA
- A total of 7+ years of experience in User Experience Design that includes 4+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product based organization.
- Expert knowledge in UI Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design; practical knowledge of User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal Design practices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Able to translate concepts into concrete depictions to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding.
- Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A passion for and the ability to develop and mentor design talent
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit your resume and portfolio today!