Title: Product Development Coordinator
Our merchandising team is constantly building brands, starting trends, and developing entirely new product categories. These experts roll up their sleeves and advise our brands on the best way to bring our clients what they crave—and what they will be craving soon. Our product pipeline is so robust and exciting that many of the items that will be most in-demand in our stores next year don’t even exist yet. And our merchants don’t stop at selection—they bring the assortment to life through breakthrough curation and storytelling across our stores and digital properties.
The Product Development Team under Merchandising is responsible for the ideation, development and launch of the private label make-up within the retailer for the North American and global markets. This team works closely with their merchandising partners to deliver great product at an incredible value. As a Product Quality Coordinator, you will play a critical role in development of new product launches, ensuring that each production run meets the quality and performance standards established by the company. You should be product-obsessed with a customer experience mindset as you will be the last checkpoint before products ship from the factory to the company's warehouses. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Quality & Regulatory and will partner closely with product development and product marketing teams.
In addition, you will:
• Inspect and release bulk, finished products and packaging ensuring the required standards are met and complete the corresponding quality control records with accuracy.
• Verify reception and compliance of Certificates of Analysis and Quality Control Submissions Forms on all release submissions.
• Record release, rejection or reworked data in appropriate quality database to generate KPIs and assure traceability.
• Label and organize bulk, finished products, packaging submissions and production standards.
• Take pictures of submissions that don’t meet quality standards and share feedback with contract manufacturer and/or packaging manufacturer.
• Manage communication with contact manufacturer and packaging supplier on any quality issues to determine root cause(s) and communicate issues to cross-functional partners through resolution.
• Request completion of quality inspections following industry standard when needed.
• Work closely with Product Development team to ensure all information (product specifications, technical drawing, physical standards…) needed for inspection and release are collected.
• Communicate quality issues and/or delays that impact project timing to Product Development team.
• Assist Quality Assurance Manager in RTV (Return to Vendor) process as needed.
• Support product development team as needed.
We are excited about you, if you have:
• Two years performing quality control testing and inspections in the cosmetics industry.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Passion and excitement for the beauty industry.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to collaborate with numerous cross functional partners.
• Knowledge of cGMP principles and cosmetic industry standards.
• Ability to assess risk on product defect issues and discern when to appropriately elevate to Quality Manager.
• Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple priorities.
• Must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and comfort around scientific / technical reporting.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You’ll love working here because:
• The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
• The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year.
• The business. It feels good to win – and we are a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
• The perks. We offer comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.