The Product Development Specialist will drive product development between the company and their licensees, ensuring best in class execution of products. You will be working collaboratively with internal and external partners, manage product approvals across multiple categories, communicate creative direction in line with key strategic business goals and brand creative direction – to ensure commercial requirements and timelines are achieved.
• Work hand in hand with licensees managing creative output, ensuring product innovation, brand consistency and compelling execution within a Commercial context.
• Proofread legal lines and copyright information on licensed products to ensure proper legal lines and marks are used.
• Train new and existing licensees in the use of creative assets and approval systems. Add new contacts to company systems and provide with standard welcome information
• Manage approval processes, making sure all product development is routed through the company's approval systems (LAS & MMB) as per global product integrity guidelines.
• Manage the physical review of samples as well as cataloging and inventory of all samples for future needs of tradeshow, sales meetings and other PR opportunities.
• Send assets to licensees as requested through online data asset management system or file transfer system.
• Ensure delivery of final files (application and PDF) at the end of projects in a timely manner and maintain digital archive.
• Receive physical products and record in system. Send samples to internal distribution list.
• Capture trend and retail research to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitive landscape, product, price and retail trends for the market – sharing with your internal and external partners, and putting plans into action
• Play an active part in the wider creative community locally, regionally and globally.
• Act as a “brand ambassador” alongside the Commercial team. Providing asset updates and creative troubleshooting to ensure innovative and on-brand product development across our portfolio.
• Communicate with internal and external departments to adhere to product development and approval deadlines.
• Bachelors Degree in product development/design or marketing/management.
• Minimum 1-3 years professional experience working as part of a creative/commercial team in a related field.
• Knowledge of Promotions and Hard Lines product development, manufacturing / tooling processes and product approval process.
• Knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work across numerous product categories.
• Previous experience in merchandising or licensing industry a plus.
• Ability to build strong and effective working relationships with various stakeholders across functions/countries.
• Confident and effective communicating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
• Independent, proactive, and organized self-starter who thinks out of the box for solutions from multi-perspective.
• Comfortable working remotely and as part of a wider team.
Offsite with onsite meetings in Burbank