What You Will Be Working On:
- Deciphers what product features will meet the core needs for our users
- Manage the product roadmap; Evaluates the value of a proposed product feature versus the engineering work needed to accomplish it.
*Examples: -What is more important—a new product for the sales team or a feature for customers? Should pricing be optimized for consumers or small business owners? What is the 80% product that should be launched immediately and what singular customer problem does it solve?
- Gets the product to launch, maintain the product post-launch and support the customer base by working with all teams
- Work with engineering and the data analysts to define metrics for the product team and test against said metrics
- Has great product taste, having the insights and intuition to understand customer needs for a product in a given area.
- Has the skill set and tool kit to quickly learn about our users and their needs, even if they don’t have direct experience in our product sector
As one of the first Product Managers, you’ll be involved with most of the products we're working on! You’ll take part in different types of product work, all the way from developing our product strategy and roadmap to improving our product development processes; working directly with Engineering and Design teams as well as Customer Support, Customer Success and Marketing.
- Developing product strategy and roadmap based on user needs and strategic opportunities
- Owning products end-to-end: Writing briefs, driving cross-functional execution, educating and collaborating with Customer Support, Customer Success and Marketing teams, frequently communicating insights with the company
- Being the voice of the user within the company through research and regular interaction with users
- Helping shape the product development workflow, improving how product managers, designers and engineers all work together
- Responding to daily questions and feedback from users
- Experience in a Product Management role
- Engineering background and/or advanced knowledge of CS engineering Strong problem solving ability, making trade-offs to maximize user value with the least amount of work
- Strong sense of design, ability to own important user interactions with attention to detail Technical understanding of complex web and desktop app architectures
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English preferred
- Experience in software or design space