Owns a product or multiple features propose enhancements to the feature, and participate in the execution of changes to product features/functions
• Represents the product organization in the execution of elements of the product roadmap, working with resources across (and potentially outside) the organization.
• Translates user requirements into features to guide the deliverables of the agile development team.
• May serve as the product owner, representing the product needs to the agile development team.
• Accountable for planning for and supporting the performance of a feature, under direction.
• Leads structured meetings, clearly communicating expectations, plans, and requirements for the product. Ensures that stakeholders are kept up to date on progress.
• Manages expectations. Facilitates process mapping, gap analysis, data flow to help assess business implications of feature, tool, or platform.
• Receives general direction to guide their work.
• Conducts analysis to determine how features are performing and how they can be improved, including trend line analysis, multivariate analysis, etc.
• Can build the necessary model to assess impact to KPIs and user/value.
• Reviews and interprets metrics and reports regularly on the state of their assigned /feature.
• Develops hypotheses on the performance of a feature and the expected outcome.
• Can deconstruct competitor offerings and glean and share insights with the relevant Nike communities.
• Briefs the research team to ensure that their feature is tagged appropriately, to reach the expected outcome.
• Possesses and/or acquires in depth knowledge of the relationship between business processes and the product you support.
• Capable of reviewing and understanding operational processes within the related areas of the business and identifying area for improvement or innovation, evaluating potential cost-benefits.
• Proposes feature changes to the product that align with and advance the roadmap. Writes up full specifications for the proposed changes.
• Participates in brainstorming sessions.
• Develops and maintains a deep understanding of the different customers of the feature and applies this in developing proposals and executing changes.
• Applies to persona (s) aligned with a given customer group.
• Able to brief the design team on the UX needs of the feature. Iteratively works with designers to reach the expected outcome.
• Has demonstrated expertise in relevant development tools, with the ability to apply that knowledge independently in their work. Has demonstrated a broad understanding of various software development approaches, including waterfall, agile, scrum, Kanban.
• Maintains awareness of the activities of competitors and the industry in general.
• Has successfully developed and implemented a system/product/service/feature for a customer, evaluated its performance, and proposed and executed approaches to continually improve it.
• Has developed credibility and strong working relationships with technical and creative colleagues.
• Has successfully analyzed the outcome of a landscape change, feature or improvement and developed actionable recommendations.
• Has demonstrated the ability to prioritize feature changes effectively, in consideration of the product roadmap.