Job descriptionONSITE 3x per week in Irvine, CA (MWF) - Remote only candidates please do not apply
PRODUCT MANAGER (PET DIVISION)
We’re growing our team and looking for fun, innovative and passionate people that love pets as much as we do.
FRINGE is a leading supplier in the Pet consumer goods industry. With design and product development offices in Culver City and Irvine, CA, we create exquisite products that are found in retailers all over the world. Products range from functional pet products like dog toys, cat toys, pet beds, crate mats, pet bowls and treat jars to pet lover gift products such as mugs, pouches and stationery.
FRINGE is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join their Pet Product Development team in Irvine, CA. This role will focus on pet products and all development, sourcing and management assets associated with the category. The ideal candidate is an extremely organized, creative thinker with the ability to problem solve while adhering to tight deadlines. He/ She/ They understands the manufacturing process from start to finish and is looking to help shape this rapidly growing category by building new or expanding on existing categories while keeping the assigned programs moving forward. Working in our design studio environment, you will collaborate with the Design, Product Management, Sales, Purchasing and Operations teams to support our Pet Shop by Fringe Studio catalog product lines and custom programs for key retailers.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
• Establish relationships with new factory partners to bring new product offerings to market while maintaining Fringe’s esthetic and meeting or exceeding margin requirements while keeping in mind key account IMU goals.
• Request quotations and negotiate with factories to ensure that price targets are met.
• Manage key account programs from initial product concept through final production stages to maintain deadlines.
• Maintain various spreadsheets including program line plans and master costing files.
• Daily communication and follow up with overseas vendors on sampling and production status.
• Must be able to work in an interdependent, team environment that fosters support, assistance and flexibility. Will not take subjective or objective corrections/changes to ideas or designs personally.
• All other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3-5 years related experience working with manufacturers within consumer goods or apparel industries.
• Product Development experience working with functional pet products or textiles is preferred.
• Highly detail oriented with creative and analytical skills.
• Excellent email and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated team player with multi-tasking ability.
• Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy and professionalism.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of consumer product regulations and testing requirements
Please send cover letter and resume for review.