The Product Program Manager owns the calendar planning process of all product lines starting from concept to reality. You are the consummate planner, problem solver and understand the overall process of product design, development, production and Go To Market. The Project Manager establishes development calendars for in-line seasonal collections, SMU (special make up) and collab programs, and tracks their progress throughout the process. This essential role requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams, coordinate information and feedback in an effort to achieve or exceed the calendar deadlines. The Product Program Manager has both great design management skills and engineering understanding and can efficiently manage multiple projects at a time through this process across watches (analog and digital), headwear and bags. This role is the hub for all communication regarding product design and development between Nixon teams. This role requires the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously through the multiple categories of watches, bags and hats. Design management skills and understanding of engineering beneficial to the success of this role.
• Establishes seasonal product development calendars for in-line, SMUs, collaborations and special projects in partnership with VPs.
• Organizes daily activities based on the goals of the organization
• Monitors projects and oversees their progress to ensure deadlines and goals are met
• Leads weekly status meetings and works cross-functionally to attain required information to ensure deadlines are met
• Build and manage a checklist of all critical steps required to bring a product to market. This includes but is not limited to global compliance testing, durability testing, etc.
• Connect the product process with the Operation, Marketing and Sales process to ensure a product moves smoothly through the process.
• Organize and manage the products in development.
• Update the Sr. Product Line Merchandiser on progress reports for products in development.
• Work in concert with the Quality Manager to assure new products meet and / or exceed the quality requirements
• Be the primary point of contact for the product calendar and how it connects to other groups: Operations, Marketing, Sales
• Clearly communicate the status of projects in group meetings for any product project (new or carryover) at any time.
• Tracks and reports weekly to the team of all projects and raises any and all risks while presenting
• Identify and communicate timeline, budget, or process risks to all stakeholders
• Communicate product status to teams
• Serve as primary point of contact for questions coming into the Product Team from Sales, DTC, and Marketing
• Consolidate feedback on design rounds from each key stakeholder within the product team
• Continuous Improvement
• Work to always improve our process, products and work product.
• Experience in project management using spreadsheet management programs such as Excel, Smartsheet and Gantt charts.
• Highly organized and adept at communicating with others, working in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude.
• Proven ability to anticipate potential problems before they occur and mitigate risks
• Consummate problem solver and knows how to use all available resources
• Proven experience bringing complex products to life on time and on budget.
• Experienced with the creative process of bringing insane ideas to life.
• Thrives in a hands-on environment with a high regard for teamwork.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND / OR SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Miniumum 5 years experience in project, production or program management.
• Understands the process flow and experienced in managing programs across design, engineering, development, marketing and sales groups.
• Relevant experience in project management of complex timing devices, headwear, bags and other products of technical nature.
• Proficient in project management software programs such as Smartsheet, Excel, Gantt.
• Skilled in graphic programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.