Position: Production Designer
Location: Irvine, CA
The Production Designer will adapt the design projects to foreign countries and updating product packaging, digital assets, social assets & print. You will maintain brand consistency across countries and manage deadlines related to assigned country. The Production Designer works collaboratively with local and internal stakeholders to create country specific marketing materials.
What you’ll be doing:
• Maintain and enforce design standards determined by the Creative Director and the Chief Marketing Officer.
• Create country-specific versions of US materials. On occasion, create original materials for non-US markets, with approval by Creative Director.
• On occasion, train new employees on Prod. Marketing, Field Development and Events teams on Creative Department procedures and work flows.
• Prepare projects for final production.
• Prepare projects for digital imaging and pre-press, or final production, following all specifications from the vendors or the specific output devices.
• Approve all blue-lines and/or match-prints before they go to print.
• Perform press-checks when necessary.
• Work cooperatively with supervisor, managers, account reps, writers, designers, other production designers, digital imaging personnel, print buyers, and vendors.
• Promote good customer relations through a positive, service-oriented attitude and effective negotiation.
• Supports entire creative process by having necessary skills and experience to create new marketing materials and see through to final production.
• In addition, the Product Designer will support Social Media, Digital & Product Marketing teams with social / promotional set shots and stylized photos. Create tutorial animations.
• Take promotional photos for Field Marketing team incentives and promotions.
• Retouch all in house photography for component clean up, color balancing and overall standards.
• Retouch single product photographs from biannual catalog photoshoots. Retouch non-stylized set shot photographs.
• Create / retouch product photographs for product that does not exist, or situations where we do not have a finished good to photograph.
• Assist Video team when additional still photographer is needed for video shoots / promotional events.
• 1 year of production design experience, or working on a B.A.or an A.A., or advanced working knowledge of design software: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic understanding of the Macintosh OS
• Understands design principles and elements such as balance, typography, color, paper, etc.
• Knowledge of the printing process, color spaces and project preflighting
• Able to learn and adapt easily to what it is required for assigned projects
• Maintains positive attitude and seeks to build cohesiveness within the design group
• Ability to meet all deadlines
• Willing to accept creative direction from management and co-workers
• Ability to make wise use of company time and resources