Our client is a privately held company with headquarters in New York City. Today, the well appointed Manhattan office and 20 modern and spacious showroom enclaves allow the company to design, market and sell the growing suite of fine apparel brands that is fast approaching the $200 million threshold.
Production Manager Overview:
As the Production Manager you will be responsible for developing and supporting a global sourcing strategy to support the product development and bulk production execution of multiple categories that meet brand quality standards.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
• Ensure the company has the right vendor mix to support product design and innovation by sourcing and developing relationships with factory contacts in Turkey, Korea, Vietnam and Japan.
• Communicate seasonal category strategies with the team and direct vendors and design that align with the category sourcing strategies.
• Manage sampling time and action calendar to meet key milestones and monitor on-time delivery of development samples
• Utilize cost matrix by category during proto plan discussions to direct design and product development on raw material selection and style development to meet category cost and margin goals
Production Manager Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven garment manufacturing and sourcing experience
• Knowledge of production, including manufacturing, product engineering, product lifecycle, calendar management, trade regulations, fabric performance and garment construction, and testing standards • Excellent communication, presentation, time management, detail-oriented, negotiation, and problem-solving skills