ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a dynamic wholesale distribution company in the garden, hardware, home and gift industries. Exclusive product designs and a professional sales and marketing strategy have helped the company grow dramatically over the past 30 years to become a leader in the industry.
• Product Manager needed for a leading home and garden manufacturing company. Preferably experienced in working with Asian factories to join our product management and development team.
• Collaborate with a diverse team of internal and external resources to bring exciting new garden and outdoor living products to the wholesale and retail marketplace.
• Full time direct hire opportunity. Competitive salary + benefits.
• For candidate who do not possess industry experience but has the talent and skill set to create, follow through and manage product lines and has exceptional technical and computer skills, we will consider your resume
KEY ATTRIBUTES & CORE COMPETENCIES
• Product Management experience working with overseas factories preferably in managing products in metal, glass, ceramic and wood for garden and home decor.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field preferred.
• Exceptional MS Office proficiency with advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets, advanced formulas, conditional formatting, links, v-look up, pivot tables).
• Detail oriented, process driven and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills working with overseas agents in Asia and interdepartmental teams. Excellent teamwork skills required.
• Self-motivated with ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
• Employee must be physically able to lift and/or move packages up to 25 pounds.
• Design and technical engineering aptitude/experience a plus
• Must be able to travel internationally and domestically for product development and quality assurance trips.
The following description is an overview and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participate with Product Development Team to define company strategies for new product concepts, target price points, materials, colors construction, and proposed factories.
• Present plan objectives to factory agents to solicit best factories to work with to meet target costs and quality production of item concepts.
• Partner with Product Design team to create and manage product plan spreadsheet to manage the prototype sampling and packaging development process with overseas agents and manufacturers.
• Obtain vendor quotes and use them to determine landed costs and wholesale pricing.
• Travel overseas to visit factories to finalize product samples, packaging and negotiate prices to meet landed cost and margins.
• Ensure that all information is accurately recorded in costing spreadsheets. Update database as suppliers make approved changes to pricing, packing, or product.
• Prepare all reports necessary for line review with inventory planner including sales analysis and projections for carry over and new items.
• Data entry and updates of product, pricing, packaging information, and features in costing spreadsheets and accounting database
• Take lead role in working with agents and factories to ensure approved samples arrive in time for line reviews and tradeshows.
• Assist in proofing catalog for all pertinent product data and imagery.
Production Management & Quality Assurance:
• Develop and write quality control standards for all item spec sheets.
• Collaborate with agents and factories to ensure packaging for all products meets standards of Vendor Compliance Manual and protects products for re-shipping Review Drop Test results and make recommendations for improvements as needed.
• Ensure that all new product types are properly tested and labeled to meet USA requirements.
• Review inspection reports to assure production is meeting production standards. Communicate with agents to satisfactorily resolve any production issues.
• Inspect factories and POs in production while overseas. Ensure company production and safety guidelines as outlined in Vendor Guides are being met.
• Oversee 3PL inspection of products from each container; prepare detailed reports for factories to make appropriate suggestions for improvements.
• Prepare any chargeback reports.
• Review customer’s claims reports and implement corrective measures.
• Communicate regularly with overseas vendors via e-mail, Skype and/or telephone regarding all Purchase Order issues, payments, quality control, packaging, delivery and container booking.
• Track agent & vendor performance using Key Performance Indicator evaluation form and present reports to team.
• Diversify vendor base as needed and maintain appropriate back up factories
• Maintain vendor guide, update as necessary and communicate to factories. Track and file factory profiles, vendor/agent agreement documents.
• Organize, monitor, and archive files on company server.
• Refine and improve documented SOPs as they pertain to work performed in PM position.
• Perform other duties as required.