Length of Contract: 7 months
Location or Remote: Olympia, WA
Client Overview: Our client is an American a luxury department store chain that has lasted through generations in America.
Position Overview: The Production Planner is a generalist that supports all aspects of our Full Line Stores interior build outs from ideation drawing to bidding to installation. They are also a specialist when it comes to supporting our Brand Shop build outs for Beauty, Accessories and RTW interfacing with internal and external partners to project manage our brand shop build outs. Expertise and experience in CAD drafting and rendering, architectural standards, bidding, vendor production oversight, shop drawing review and site installation is a must.
- Support the business by providing a variety of generalized and specialized services under the interior build out umbrella.
- Support Design Management team in achieving Department and Divisional strategies and vision to support overall Company goals.
- Develop, evolve and execute planning processes to support assigned projects.
- Produce millwork and fixture drawings directly as well as review and direct those created by architectural consultants.
- Review shop drawings from millwork and fixture vendors.
- Partner with Production Manager, Design, Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing on millwork and fixture bidding including vendor prequalification, RFP, RFI and final selection.
- Maintain POMS (purchase order management system) catalog for all assigned areas for all FFE items ordered via purchase order.
- Maintain Fixture Collection (a graphical catalog of all FFE items) for assigned areas.
- Create millwork catalog documents for assigned FLS stores.
- Support assigned FLS projects by coordination with our Construction Project Management team and millwork/fixture vendors which includes coordination and punch site visits.
- Support Design Management and Blockplanning team by updating and maintaining CAD store blockplans including quarterly updates and twice yearly delivery of square footage data to internal Finance partners.
- Support (as assigned) Brand Shop build outs thru definition of space/location, brand design criteria package creation (including CAD and written critera), project budget estimation and submittals, coordination conference calls, shop drawing reviews and site visit/punch. Includes partnership with Internal Partners from the top of the Inverted Pyramid to the bottom as well as external Brand partners as well as their Vendors.
- Support Store Design and Divisional strategic initiatives thru project management including, strategic ideation, pre-planning, budgeting and estimation, leadership approvals, ordering, installation and post-audit. This includes managing multiple projects simultaneously with varied deliverable schedule and deadlines.
- Show continual assessment, refinement and evolution of all operational processes in a way that benefits the broader store design team.
- Support all internal and external partners in navigating Store Design and overall Company work flow including problem solving, education and training.
- Collaborate in a team environment with all partners and leaders to ensure outcomes align with priorities and objectives of a project.
- Deliver exemplary customer service through strong ownership of assigned areas and projects.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork through relationship building, reliability, collaboration and accountability.
- Deliver productivity through the efficient use of time and commitment to strong results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at all times with different spans of deliverables with emphasis on prioritizing tasks as needed for each project.
- Be aggressively curious about all aspects of our work& help. Break throughs are the results of questioning.
- Understanding or Retail Merchandising and how architectural and interior design is applied to retail environments.
- Certification or experience in Adobe Create Cloud Suite of software.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently but also collaborate in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Office Suite with emphasis on Outlook and Excel.
- Microstation or other CAD programs required. Ability to learn on custom software solutions including POMS.
- Clear and effective communication in writing, verbal and in person.