Production Planning Manager
We are looking for a qualified Production Planning Manager to be responsible for the strategic and tactical planning of manufacturing to maximize service level performance and efficient delivery of inventory at the lowest cost. This role will create weekly schedules and orders, provide direction and guidance to suppliers for production priority and ensure timely delivery. This role requires a close partnership with several departments to facilitate all the cross functional needs as it pertains to raw materials, Contract Manufacturing needs, and finished production. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
• Leading cross-functionally, working with NPD, QA & Purchasing
• Designing improved processes to scale function and improve delivery times and efficiency
• Develop production planning to scale with growth of business
• Manage supplier relationships, including schedule adherence and issue resolution
• Manage negotiation with suppliers and evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers
• Design supplier scorecard and proactively manage performance of vendors
• Manage end to end needs with urgent orders to include; analyzing impact, communication with cross functional teams to identify to resolve critical issues and implement actions to resolve
• Manage production plans and coordinate materials with internal and across multiple manufacturing sites
• Lead Supply Chain with cross functional business teams; assist with product transitions and ensure raw materials and finished goods are managed efficiently to ensure minimal excess inventory
• Communicate regularly with demand planning, sales and customer service teams to make purchasing decisions based on trends, inventory level goals, customer order fill rates and variable demand signals.
• Track resolution for any quality or regulatory issues
• Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly
• Ensure item costing and bills of material accuracy, including creation of bill of materials.
• Responsible for all new products launches from item set up, production planning and scheduling to order fulfillment
• Coordinate all kitting activities to ensure best cost and efficiency
• Execute all open stock and kit assembly production planning
• Streamline production schedules with contract manufacturers to maximize capacity and coordinate component deliveries to meet on time deliverables.
• Develop and document all business unit workflows, clarifying and confirming the specifications.
• Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities
• Work with fillers to get monthly accurate overconsumption, stock and scrap reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or equivalent education and experience.
• 7+ years’ progressive experience within production planning and/ or supply chain.
• Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics
• Experience managing and directing external partners with day-to-day priorities and assisting to resolve problems
• Experience leading cross-functional teams efficiently and effectively to resolve issues and proactively communicate needs
• Background managing different facets of production from start to finish
• Demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented with strong follow through skills - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to react to change / flexibility
• Has a sense of urgency in managing time and while accomplishing tasks
• Strong organizational skills
• Must have exceptional computer skills, including Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office products.
• Ideal candidate has beauty experience and/or passion and excitement for the beauty category