My client is the world’s largest independent beauty brand incubator. They partner with over 80 global customers and delivers marketing and white space analysis creating proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies
Purchasing & Project Manager Overview
My client is currently seeking an individual to join their Purchasing & Project Management team. This person will be responsible for the management of various projects related to launch planning and procurement for several exciting brands in our portfolio. Focus will be to ensure on time, in budget and quality execution.
Purchasing & Project Manager Responsibilities
- Create project timelines and oversee timely execution of new product launches, in-store merchandising, displays, sampling programs, and on-going improvements to existing items.
- Actively work in partnership with cross-functional team members and external stakeholders to validate timelines and find solutions to any obstacles to project completion.
- Create accurate budgets for each project clearly showing the associated costs and margins.
- Update and monitor those budgets during the development and production process to ensure profit margins are maintained or improved.
- Manage sourcing for all formulas, fill & assembly.
- Tender RFQs to multiple suppliers for each new item and negotiate prices to meet margin goals.
- Work in collaboration with fillers and internal R&D partners on formula development within budget allocated.
- Keep open and consistent communication with fillers in early stages of new projects to ensure awareness of timelines, packaging, quality expectations, BOMs and fill & assembly instructions.
Purchasing & Project Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience in project management and/or procurement, preferably in the beauty industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to be clear and concise.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment