Our client is a well-known beauty company that is seeking a new Project Manager to join their Creative team.
The Manager of the Project Management Team will be responsible for leading the detailed tracking, coordination, and communication of the marketing development portion of new initiatives, to facilitate the successful and timely execution of brand creative projects for each new product launch. During this time of intense change, the Manager, Project Management will be responsible for introducing agile tactics into the brand marketing timeline and processes.
Project Manager Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and lead a strong project management team, responsible for the tracking/reporting of creative milestones, progress, and risks for new launches; utilizing standardized reporting formats or creating new ones as needed.
• Drive process development and continuous improvement, in order to create a deep and ingrained understanding of the interdependent launch process for all teams and identify/capitalize on efficiencies wherever possible.
• Infuse digital project management expertise and knowledge into full marketing process and lifecycle.
• Own and lead all timelines, deadlines, processes, and developments for Color and Gifting category launches, in addition to Tmall projects.
• Proactively identify risks to the launch execution and report on as appropriate; work with project teams to develop mitigating action plans.
• Identify, negotiate and support the resolution of issues throughout the project cycle and/or within various project teams.
• Oversee trafficking of jobs for the in-house designers, copywriters, marketers, and production staff.
• Facilitate weekly Creative/Copy/Marketing status meetings, then accordingly shift staffs’ priorities to accommodate rush projects and a constantly changing and evolving product schedule.
• Maintain various weekly reports which communicate need-to-know updates to cross-functional teams.
• Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the DAM (Digital Asset Management system)
Project Manager Qualifications & Competencies:
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience, preferably project management experience and preferably in a creative environment
•2 years minimum of digital project management experience required, preferably in a startup or agency
• Proactive, effective, and consistent organizational and planning skills
• Able to strategically prioritize multiple timelines and deadlines when necessary
• Process-driven with the ability to judge when to be flexible based on project and business needs
• Needs to be highly collaborative and enjoy working in a team setting
• Unafraid of change and passionate about developing expertise in project management and the beauty business overall
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with cross-functional teams and across organizational levels
• Knowledge of project management tools, processes, and terminology
• Understanding of the creative process and vocabulary a plus
• Experience in managing Tmall projects a plus
• Experience in managing a digital asset management system a plus