Family-owned and operated for over 45 years and has always been committed to our customers and team members. This is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to join a financially strong operation during these unprecedented times.
A Project Manager is a versatile and self-motivated individual who is the visionary leader for an overall program or large, complex project. Their role is to map out and define the list of dependent projects that need to be completed to reach the overall goal. A Project Manager focuses on strategy and implementation. They may have one or more Project Managers assigned to their team and are responsible for delegating and overseeing projects appropriately. To be successful in the position, a Project Manager will mainly focus on the operational elements of the program/project such as, meeting deadlines, staying within budget and completing deliverables. Anticipate issues and understand the questions to ask in order to clarify job instructions and client expectations are critical to being successful in this position.
• Customer focused, Direct client contact
• Works closely with Account Director and Project Manager(s)
• Reviews RFQ’s; Gathers specs and requests estimates collaboratively with Account Director
• Provides material samples (stock, ink, foil, etc.) to Account Director or directly to client
• Provides accurate estimates and schedule expectation to the Project Manager when delegating
• Works with and advises client when the scope of the program/project extends outside the originally approved quote
• Initiates request to Creative Dept. for Deck creation and any modifications in conjunction with team
• Collaborates with internal departments and outside vendors to develop prototypes
• Creates complex and detailed Excel grids/distros for a Program/Project and maintains the integrity
• Arrange and manage Kick Off Meetings with appropriate stakeholders
• Works collaboratively with one or more project managers simultaneously and oversees the quality of their work, reviews job tickets.
• Reviews the timeliness of job tickets being submitted to the Scheduler
• Writes job tickets as needed to maintain the schedule of all programs/projects assigned to the team.
• Responsible for Press Checks
• Maintains awareness that all programs/projects will be completed and shipped on time
• Gathers tracking reports and supplies to client if requested. Monitors tracking for any issues and corrects or seeks information from client as needed.
• Manages/Supervises/Coordinates Installations; Gathers and archives installation photos by location
• Makes final updates to Grid/Distro once the Program/Project is completed
• Assists in problem-solving production process issues, resulting in corrective measures
• Actively participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement internally and externally to improve operations
• Actively participates in achievement of corporate business objectives
• Other duties. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and deal with all levels of staff, customers, suppliers, and operations
• Strong time management, critical thinking, monitoring, organization, coordination, independent judgment, and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated success handling multiple priorities in changing environments
• Troubleshoot and successfully resolve problems
• Implement process improvement
• Understands conflict management
• Able to participate in peer coaching, feedback, and group problem solving
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint with a main emphasis in Excel
• Must be proficient in Monarch
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• A Bachelor’s Degree and/ or 5+ years of progressive experience as a Project/Program Manager
• Experience and or education in the printing industry with exposure to electronic prepress, print production, customer service, and leadership and/or management preferred
This position has a dotted line of supervisory responsibility to all Project Managers assigned to the team.
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Management
DEPARTMENT: Project Management
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Salary
SALARY RANGE: Depends on skills and experience.
SCHEDULE/ SHIFT: This is a full-time position. Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM (May require working evenings and weekends depending on workload)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.