• Creates and executes apparel project timelines and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of client.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Assist in timely processing of documents, including Purchase Orders, to ensure appropriate revenue recognition and timely and accurate invoicing and receivables with accounting department.
• Assist in analyzing project profitability, revenue, margins.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status update meetings with project team.
• Manages the day to day communication of projects with overseas team members, factories and supply chain.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and effectively.
• Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of apparel life cycle process.
• Familiarity of technical apparel fabrics and performance characteristics.
• Knowledge of industry testing standards and quality procedures.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging apparel industry technologies.
• Ability to make decisions or help clients with decisions in a timely manner.
• Must be able to multi task between clients with various timelines and conflicting deadlines.
• Needs to work well under pressure and have a positive attitude at all times.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
• Works with client on product roll out plans and forecasting.
Experience : At least 5 years of experience in the apparel industry dealing with collaborative teams in product development, marketing, sales or production.
Travel: International and Domestic travel