As the Project and Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for building timelines for new product launches and tracking progress through the entire lifecycle, from concept to delivery. Through close partnerships with the New Product Development (NPD), Operations, Creative, and Vendor partners, you will ensure new products are successfully launched on time. The position will partner with NPD to source packaging, components and formulas and will be responsible for negotiating costs to ensure COGS targets are met.
Responsibilities Project Management
• Responsible for establishing a concept-to-shelf calendar and timeline for seasonal launches.
• Own creating and managing a detailed project plan complete with dependencies, owners, deadlines and duration for each new product.
• Drive issues to resolution through partnerships and creative problem solving; use rigorous logic and method to solve difficult problems with effective solution.
• Responsible for keeping key partners up-to-date on the progress of projects, risks and issues in a timely manner, and driving the team to completion of deliverables.
• Create and deliver dashboard reporting and overview of project status.
• Responsible for understanding and evaluating the end-to-end process and making recommendations on how it can be improved.
• Partner with the New Product Development team to identify and evaluate new packaging and manufacturing vendors.
• Negotiate formula and packaging costs to ensure optimal landed COGS
• Responsible for vendor set-up, on-boarding, and managing supplier agreements.
• Develop Vendor Score Cards in partnership with NPD, Production, and Quality.
• Coordinate vendor summits.
• Continually identify opportunities for short-term and long-term improvements
• 5+ year’s project management experience, with at least 2 years building out comprehensive timelines within the consumer packaged goods product sector
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills that deliver results
• Experience working in the beauty industry preferred
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
• Experience with building and managing vendor relationships
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects via prioritization, planning and task delegation (10 - 20 new product launches at one time)
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
• Proficient in using Microsoft Project to build project timelines
• PMP certification desirable