We have been appointed by a long-standing international client to provide specialist AV project management services for their Events and Experience spaces. This will involve collaborating with the client’s designers, wider architectural project teams and AV integrators delivering world leading spaces. This role will provide project management and leadership services for the successful delivery of AudioVisual installations for both installed and loose equipment by third party vendors. The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all Performance AV related elements to integrate into the events and experience spaces and will take responsibility for some of the client’s largest and most significant projects.
• Provide project leadership for the successful coordination and delivery of the installation of Audio-Visual systems for events and experience projects.
• Deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to key stakeholders and partners as required.
• Lead meetings and workshops required to deliver the project.
• Assist other project managers if assigned to their project team.
• Support the client team to establish baseline project budgets and establish cost control procedures and be responsible for budget control and reconciliation.
• Lead the vendor bidding process - prepare bid documents, interview and recommend vendors, introduce project to the selected vendor.
• Prepare contract documents, scope of works documents and Key Performance Indicators for vendors. Establish payment terms and conditions aligning with client’s vendor selection requirements.
• Coordinate the output of the AV design team during the design stages and construction, ensuring all AV design requirements are clearly documented, reviewed and fit for purpose.
• Monitor the construction progress, identify potential risks and be proactive in finding possible solutions.
• Schedule all vendors to meet overall project deadlines as they relate to the building process and first day of business, adapting schedules as required if the end date moves.
• Ensure coordination of AV content requirements are aligned with the building completion schedule.
• Communicate changes to appropriate teams and liaise with the relevant Account Manager to adjust resources accordingly.
• Report on program performance to the Account Manager.
Key Skills and Qualifications Essential
We are open to receiving applications from candidates with a varied range of experience and education. If you meet most of the qualifications & skillsets below, we encourage you to apply.
• A formal qualification/degree in Project Management (Architecture/Interior/AV/Entertainment) or in lieu of a degree, at least five years of relevant project management work experience at a senior level with a focus on architecture, construction, performance, design, or related fields.
• Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment with a great degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Experience with events space, theatre, performing arts or buildings either through direct experience or professional project management work.
• An understanding of permitting process, construction terminology and building systems & overall project sequence/timing.
• Fundamental understanding of AV system functionality and installation process and techniques.
• Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, or commissioning documents.
• Ability to easily manage multiple projects.
• Familiar with typical project management tools.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills including an excellent working knowledge of G Suite applications.
• Detail oriented with ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects in different phases simultaneously with little direct supervision.
• Ability to build relationships with colleagues, clients, vendors, stakeholders and management.
• Proven ability to manage complex budgets. Relevant construction-related safety training would be advantageous