Our well-known client, a key player in the retail space, is looking to add an IT Program Manager to support their Digital team on a freelance basis. The team prefers candidate local to the Chicagoland area; This will be 40 hours a week for 6 months with potential for extension.
Overview of role:
The main function of an IT project/program manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming. This Program/Project Manager will create and drive end-to-end integrated plans for omnichannel type solutions. They will implement program related activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
- Manages Omni-Channel initiatives and integration across the organization. Bridges gaps between functional areas such as Business, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Legal.
- Able to drive program initiatives and deep dive to understand key customer problems and/or business impacts.
- Thinks critically and understands the business needs of a program holistically.
- Executes on a program plan based on strategic solutions and ensure excellence in day-to-day operations.
- Prepares and communicates program schedules, milestones, budgets and outcomes with stakeholders. Manages program issues/risks and provides recommended solutions/course of action.
- Presents issues and works with management to resolve critical conflicts.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Works across various functional areas and navigate through disparate operating models (e.g., Agile vs. Waterfall)
- Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion in alignment to the overall program objectives.
- Coordinates and tracks resources, assets, financials and schedules to ensure timely program outcomes.
- Assists team members and leaders in making cost / benefit decisions.
- Leads and mentors scrum masters/project managers. Serves as a resource to the team to resolve complex problems.
- Tracks and reports metrics, goals and KPI’s to measure business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6-8 years of project/program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 10 years of project/program management experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience managing software development projects.
- Experience and knowledge of JIRA.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.
- Ability to manage highly complex initiatives.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones. -
- Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations -
- Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience managing project risks.
- At least 2 years’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and budgets for projects.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- PMI or PMP certification preferred.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!