Our client is a full-service advertising agency that offers expertise and direction in the areas of public relations, brand strategy, creative design, and social/digital strategy.
The Public Relations Senior Account Executive will report to the Account Director and will be responsible for contributing to client relations and supporting the management of PR account team deliverables. This includes supporting PR’s integration with the extended advertising team and strategic PR planning across multiple campaigns while managing the execution and measurement. Qualified candidates will demonstrate an ability to be a strategic account leader, successfully garner top-tier media coverage, execute well-written thought leadership materials and manage an integrated communications platform.
• Managing multiple PR campaigns
• Providing thoughtful, forward-thinking public relations counsel to the client and account team
• Actively communicating with clients as required via email, phone, text, etc., and assuming an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and exceeding client expectations
• Participating and leading client calls as specified by supervisor while providing strategic input, analysis, and feedback in addition to providing updates
• Supporting internal account team to ensure understanding and expectations of client needs
• Developing strategic PESO plans that reflect the client’s goals and objectives and demonstrate modern tactics
• Monitoring media daily and identifying topics of interest to the team and clients
• Proactively search for story opportunities and proactively pitch and place stories in national, regional, and trade media
• Conduct media outreach against strategic plan, focusing on high-value media targets; build and maintain a personal network of meaningful media relationships
• Brief clients on anticipated topics and themes of interviews and appearances and prepare interview briefing materials and talking points
• Verify media lists prepared by junior staff.
• Review and edit media coverage summaries prepared by junior members.
• Create press materials, including news releases, toolkits, media advisories, fact sheets, newsletters, byline articles, case studies, and speeches that reflect the client’s brand and key messages
• Coordinate award submissions and speaking opportunities
• Deliver excellence across all PR tactics, including but not limited to: regional and national media relations, event planning and management, community relations, content development, internal comms, message development, speaking engagements, and other outreach.
• Manage budget and timelines.
• Manage the reporting and merchandising of client work and communicate results to clients regularly
• An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or a similar major
• Previous experience in public relations – agency or equivalent client-side
• Proven media relations expertise
• Proven b2b experience
• Proven experience concepting, developing, and executing strategic paid/owned/earned plans
• Experience working on an integrated agency team is a plus
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience managing client relationships; client service, and client growth-oriented
• Detail-oriented and strong organization skills
• Effective multi-tasker
• Paid/Owned/Earned knowledge
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and media monitoring tools