Our client is a skincare brand based on hydration as the essence of great skin care. Today, our client carries on this belief as of part of Pola Orbis Holdings Inc., a dynamic, global, cosmetics group based in Japan. The Quality Manager will focus on delivering consistently high-quality products by controlling our network of vendors (contract manufacturers, raw and packaging suppliers, testing labs, etc.) and work with technical services, product development and supply chain to monitor product standards, document and monitor replicable production processes, examine samples of raw materials, packaging and finished products as well as direct testing during processing to ensure finished products are of the desired quality.
• Develop and implement quality standard operating procedures for Quality Assurance with ongoing objectives that validate that suppliers are meeting our requirements for raw materials and packaging.
• Conduct audits to ensure vendor facilities are following Quality Assurance protocols and specifications.
• Set quality assurance objectives for all of our facilities in accordance with our standards.
• Travel to the manufacturing locations to validate that the facilities are operating and producing according to our expectations and timetables.
• Review all customer complaints relating to quality and address the complaints quickly; and then, take urgent corrective actions that are preventative including notifying regulatory, FDA (if needed), management, technical services, supply chain and others regarding immediate and long-term impact on raw materials, packaging and finished goods globally.
• Point of contact during all audits including FDA and other certification agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum 5 years related industry experience, preferable in personal care/cosmetics
• Experience in developing quality procedures and objectives for personal care industry (including OTC/GMP regulations)
• Experience in regulatory requirements for the personal care industry (including OTC/GMP)
• Experience in managing multiple projects involving contract manufacturers
• Skill to adapt to changing priorities
• Organizational and analytical skills
• Communication and presentation skills
• Team Player