Our client, an iconic fashion brand, is seeking an Ready-To-Wear to join their Los Angeles team. The Ready-to-Wear Developer is responsible for owning product margin, production and planning. This role ensures the RTW team meets calendar deadlines, manages fabric and trim development, participates in fit meetings, and partners with technical design.
- Own product margin, product development & planning
- Take ownership of the product margin, alongside product development and planning.
- Calculate pricing and monitor product margin throughout the development process; partner with Production Manager to determine final cost.
- Ensure RTW team meets calendar deadlines
- Ensure the RTW team is adhering to the calendar, meeting deadlines to ensure that samples will be ready for markets – and timely hand-off to Production.
- Manage RTW and calendars including communicating deadlines to all participants on a weekly basis.
- Manage fabric & trim development
- Manage fabric and trim development throughout the season, including sourcing, lap dips, purchasing and logistics.
- Source lap dips, SMS fabric buys; follow through timely shipments.
- Participate in fit meetings & partner with technical designer
- Active participant in design and fit meetings; partner with technical designer to communicate feedback accurately to suppliers and factories.
- Attend design & fit meetings including calling out construction, fabric, and fit issues with the team.
- Manage SMS sample development process
- Manage SMS sample development, ensuring product is made correctly, meets internal quality standards and calendar deadlines.
- Work with Designer to coordinate all raw material and components for sample development.
- Create linesheets and ensure critical development information is handed off correctly to Production.
- Track sample status throughout development process; prioritize tasks and anticipate bottlenecks with problem solving attitude.
- Build relationships with mills & suppliers
- Build relationships with mills and suppliers through active and timely communication, to ensure that the proper fabrics, trims, and hardware will be available each season.
- Manage seasonal archive of fabric bases, swatches, trims, and techniques.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of Product Developer experience for a luxury or advanced contemporary brand.
- Attention to detail with excellent knowledge of fabric, garment construction and fit; good understanding of patterns.
- Experience managing cost sheets, including ownership of product margin for fabric and trim.
- Experience sourcing new fabrications and vendors through international trade shows.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of textiles, drape, and sourcing.