PD Compliance + Regulatory Specialist
Our client is currently seeking a Regulatory + Compliance Specialist to join their team. This person will ensure domestic and international regulatory compliance, certification and registration for all haircare products.
This position reports to the Director of Product Development and requires clear communication and coordination with many departments within the office – Product Development, Quality Control, Sales, Design, Marketing, Planning, Purchasing, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all haircare products are compliant and remain complaint to all US and international regulations and anticipate/communicate future changes.
- Work with PD + CM’s to immediately reformulate and correct any compliance issues.
- Facilitate registration/notification in all applicable markets: Israel, S Korea, Brazil, Mexico, etc. and build country by country protocol based on specific requirements.
- Work with third party certification companies such as Biorius, WERCS, etc for registration and compliance as needed.
- Gather, generate, manage and track all technical information including stability results, challenge testing and results, formula breakdown, SDS, COA, specification, stability data, artwork, packaging material, ingredient listing, etc.
- Create and maintain files with all product attributes (pH, VOC, viscosity, flash point, etc.) for full product assortment.
- Maintain a calendar of all new launches for each brand on what paperwork, registration, samples, timelines, etc are needed for each launch and execute on-time delivery.
- Troubleshoot issues and challenges with certification to ensure on-time delivery of product launches.
- Restructure and maintain compliance drive to ensure all product certification documents organized, up-to-date and complete.
- Build and maintain current and new product inspection files and ensure each new product launch’s inspection file is complete and communicated to QC.
- Ensure all product claims are substantiated.
- Monitor all brand’s copy, marketing materials, websites, etc to ensure all that is being said is accurate, compliant and can be backed up with testing data.
- Facilitate and monitor 3rd part testing for both clinical and analytical testing pertaining to the formulas or claim substantiation.
- Bachler’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of regulatory/compliance experience in the beauty industry – both US and international.
- A proven record of successful international product registration.
- Exceptional project management, organization and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills.
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to prioritize, detail oriented, exceptional problem solving and time management skills are essential, as the position requires you to manage multiple projects with firm deadlines.
- Must be already located in New York City area. No relocation.
- Good knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
*Additional job requirement: You must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
- An inclusive environment amplifies employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy - and pursuing B-Corp certification!
- Shared core values among staff who are passionate about what they do