Our client, a global agency, is looking for a Resource Manager on a Fulltime basis, to assist the Chicago office. This role is set to start immediately, can be completely remote, but candidates must be in the general Chicagoland area/Midwest, and able to come into the office upon request/necessity.
The Resource Manager is responsible for increasing efficiency across a group of accounts through effective management of staff resourcing for both high volume freelance and some full-time roles. This person will fill an essential role in daily company operations through oversight of staff aggregate bandwidth, utilization and realization rates for our Chicago staff in cooperation with other offices.
- Work with hiring managers and group leads to understand client engagement statements of work & funding that drive resource needs for the group.
- Liaise with group leads, project managers, producers and creative dept heads on a weekly basis to understand, communicate and manage overarching team resource needs.
- Collaborate with PMs on a daily and weekly basis for intra-group resource sharing; make recommendations based on clear knowledge & understanding of group member skill sets across creative and technology departments.
- Monitor group bandwidth and maximize utilization across team resources – both under and over.
- Work closely with hiring managers and Resource Manager in Long Beach for to obtain finance approvals for open roles, as well as extensions and termination from the CFO.
- Work with People Ops team to oversee on and offboarding process.
- Address and respond in a timely fashion to all resource requests regarding status, availability, start dates, term dates as well as “holds”.
- Partner with Recruiter to identify when internal resources are not available to fit talent needs; prepare staff or freelance request paperwork (when applicable) for submission to Recruitment.
- Assist Recruiter with database of candidates, contributing to candidate pool and bringing in new network contacts.
- Responsible for authoring, maintaining, analyzing and publishing utilization reports on a monthly basis.
- Escalate to the appropriate department stakeholder any information related to group rotations, retention/employee relations, increase or decrease in workflow and projected staffing needs.
- Partner with HR to escalate any information related to retention/employee relations.
- Maintain company org charts by team/discipline
Resource Manager Requirements:
- 3 plus years of resourcing experience in a production/marketing/advertising type environment
- 2-3 years of traffic, project management or operations experience in related industry
- Possess strong command of MS Excel and familiarity with enterprise management applications
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact tactfully and efficiently with all levels of team members
- Must work collaboratively to develop staffing solutions
- Quick, creative problem solver
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented
- Self-motivated; organized with excellent follow through
- Some budgeting experience in Production a plus
- Basic knowledge of disciplines within a studio environment (Production, Editing, Sound, Retouching, Art Direction)
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!