Our client is a wellknown global contemporary brand that is seeking a new SLG Retail Planner to join their team!
Planner Job Summary
The Planner is responsible for analyzing and forecasting the Small Leather Goods business for our North America Retail channel through strategic merchandise planning, controlled inventory management, and actionable reporting and insights. This individual maintains the monthly divisional OTB for select categories and is able to speak to both pre-season and in-season plans. To excel, this person must have excellent retail math and analytical skills, established planning experience, creative problem solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
• Provide critical analytical support to the North America Retail Full Price organization, including sales and gross margin analyses across a diverse range of categories
• Create and lead financial sales and OTB plans, as well as in-season re-forecasting for key metrics at both seasonal and daily levels.
• Lead in-season business of owned categories partnering with Buying/Merchandising leads to ensure clear recommendations to support in the end to end product lifecycle
• Responsible for open to buy recommendations and inventory management including: Review weekly selling and sell-thru to identify and suggest additional reorder opportunities and out of stock risks.
• Partner with Buying/Merchandising leads to link tops down financial results to daily and weekly divisional performance, while outlining action to drive future results through productive promotions and markdown management.
• Review receipt flows by category including aged inventory to ensure Retail Stores have the right inventory to maximize sales
• Liaise with key cross functional partners and buying team to optimize inventory, in season business and to maximize gross margin across all stores
• Ensure that on-order and committed receipts are delivering on time to support forecasts
• Recommend “chasing” or “reflowing” receipts as appropriate
• Prepare for key promotional and seasonal periods by ensuring sufficient stock levels overall and in expected best sellers. Analyze event performance to Forecast/LY and communicate results
• Review pricing and MD analysis in conjunction with Buying. Support price change and decisions on promotional strategies
• BA degree
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Planning or similar analytical role Proven experience with Inventory Control, Allocation, Merchandising, Demand Forecasting, Financial Planning or Analysis
• Advanced Excel skills
• Extensive knowledge of Retail Math, including Gross Margin proficiency
• Self-starter: willingness to work independently to dig into business and present call-outs
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills with passion for building high performing teams
• Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands