Length of Contract: 3 months
Client Overview: The client operates at the intersection of advertising and eCommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across their ecosystem of mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices and advertising platform.
Position Overview: The Brand Specialist position offers an exciting introduction to on-line retail business and a broad training ground for future success. This role will work directly with a strategic vendor partner to grow their business and achieve qualitative and quantitative goals while working with multiple internal teams and management. The Brand Specialist will develop skills and work across all three functional areas (Vendor Management, In-stock and Site Merchandising) to grow and improve their vendor's success. This role is an ideal start on one of the most supportive, high-functioning teams at the company and will provide a great cross section of roles and responsibilities to the ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business to success.
- Acting as the business owner for their vendor in their respective categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business.
- This entails forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on vendor, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects and promotions to achieve business objectives
- Proactively negotiating costs, promotional opportunities, and other business inputs for the vendor
- Conducting pricing and ROI analysis and making recommendations for initiatives that optimize profit margin
- Managing Purchase Orders and In-Stock analysis for the strategic vendor
- Scheduling, updating, and producing content on the website's product detail pages and general pages, including numerous cataloging and editing tasks
- Helping with numerous marketing and email efforts, scheduling product lists, analyzing site promotions, performance and making recommendations on marketing plans
- The successful SVS is an effective communicator and problem-solver and is able to balance the needs and requirements of both company and the strategic vendor.
- Bachelor's degree
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Excel and data analysis
- Excellent presentation, organization and account management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong database and computer skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in process improvement