Sales/Marketing Analyst position open in LA! MUST live in LA an MUST come Beauty, CPG and Retail background.
- The Sales and Marketing Analyst will affect business change through the creation and development of analytics and data insight capabilities and propose recommendations to the teams.
- This position will be primarily responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data for the company's various sales channels, including wholesale and direct-to-consumer.
- This position will also be primarily responsible for gathering and analyzing the performance of various marketing activities, including but not limited to paid media, email/SMS marketing, e-commerce site performance, and trade marketing.
- In addition, this position will assist with the data strategy and market intelligence across the business portfolio, looking at problem solving and proposing solutions based on the data.
- Within the role the Sales and Marketing analyst will also be require utilizing the date to present forward thinking solutions and intelligence that enables the business to capitalize on opportunities.
- The Sales and Marketing Analyst will be required to exhibit excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in line with organizational standards and expectations.
Data mining, management, and visualization
- Mine, analyze and present data to provide actionable insights for Sales, Marketing and E-commerce teams, for both domestic and international markets
- Acquire data from multiple sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Build and maintain dashboards containing a mix of data visualizations and tables using PowerBI, Tableau or other related software
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and queries as needed
- Consumer insights and marketing analytics
- Lead initiative to research and define customer journeys across multiple brands and segments
- Gather industry trends and synthesize into ongoing insights for the company relative to current and future priorities
- Work collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities where consumer insights can enable better decision making
- Be the voice of the consumer ensuring all initiatives are grounded in a consumer perspective
- Provide insights into marketing ad performance to improve paid ad efficiency
- Design and implement a mix of qualitative and quantitative customer research to understand the voice of the customer across key touch points
- Track, report and analyze online metrics including, but not limited to: homepages, landing pages, on-site demographics, platform performance, customer purchase analysis (retention & increase purchase frequency), and bounce rate by page.
- Conduct shopping funnel analysis and reporting to guide conversion rate optimization initiatives
- Capture daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly eCommerce KPI’s and analyze trends over time
- Submit recommendations to improve the revenue opportunities for the business, based upon data collected.
Customer data management
- Analyze customer behavior data to inform strategy for ecommerce and marketing teams
- Lead the implementation, management and governance of a CDP
- Lead an actionable customer segmentation strategy to clarify core customer personas, influence brand marketing activities, and/or influence new product development.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Bachelor's degree in STEM field or business degree with strong technical skills
• Advanced working knowledge of SQL and other BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, Microsoft Power BI
• Clear communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate business insights based on analysis
• Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams (Executive, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Operations)
• Experience in syndicated data analysis in the FMCG, CPG and Retail industries a plus
• Familiarity with SEO tools a plus
• Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, and Attentive platforms a plus
• Experience with paid search and social advertising platforms a plus