High End Fashion Jewelry company in LA seeking a Sales Manager!
Head of Sales is to provide leadership over the sales department. They oversee developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against targets.
Using expertise and experience, the Head of Sales also manages the departmental calendar in regard to trading priorities inclusive of launches, promotions, exclusives, and campaign activities for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities. In his leadership capacity, the Head of Sales introduces new collections and categories to the market by leading the sales team in product launches.
In this capacity, the Head of Sales is tasked with establishing and overseeing the adoption of departmental vision and values, which forms part of the work culture. They also play a mentorship role to key positions within the sales department, assisting in the execution of duties upon request, honing their professional skills, and readying them for occupation of their position in an absence
Include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
• Manage sales team of 2
• Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets
• Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Understand customer trends
• Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
• Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
• Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
• Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
• Contract negotiations
• Tradeshow management
• Oversee the management of sales platforms (Logicmate & Brandboom)
• Stay informed of new trends & emerging platforms
• Work closely with the marketing on exclusive retailer collabs
• Stakeholder reporting
Skills & Experience:
• 3 - 5 years of relevant sales experience and a track record of exceeding quota
• Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Strong leadership and team building skills
• Experience with Logicmate (not essential)
• Experience and an high level understanding of major retailer logistics such as UPC & EDI
• Advanced computer skills