Job descriptionSales Planning Manager
We are looking for a qualified Sales Operations Associate Manager who is ready to roll up their sleeves and work cross functionally as a key stakeholder in the S&OP process. This highly analytical person is data obsessed, uses historical trends, retailer plans, and brand strategies to make informed financial calls for the business. This role will report to the Head of Customer Development.
Sales Operations Associate Manager Roles and responsibilities:
• Lead the development of annual forecast for Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance and Sales. Integrating forward-looking assumptions, historical trends, price changes, cross customer cannibalization, competitive activity, and product discontinuances for all regular business plans in order to provide guidance to the LT.
• Maintain an overview of key retailer issues; manage the impact on NSV forecast including the effect of the resultant gap filling activities
• Bring Customer insight / Intelligence through o Latest field insights that could impact the forecast o Overview of the marketing and sales activity calendars
• Manage shipments vs. estimates on a monthly basis, responding to exceptions with collaborative discussions and addressing monthly plan revisions accordingly
• Identify key issues to head of CD to work through with sales and operations partners
• Establish and utilize best methods in creating forecasts at the SKU and customer level.
• Lead monthly forecast reviews with Sales team to validate and adjust current fiscal year forecasts, gaining full alignment with business owners and executive management.
• Gain consensus from all departments on key assumptions and changes to segment level volume in monthly bridge reviews.
• Provide monthly summaries identifying key drivers, and clarity against segment/sku level gaps/adjustments.
• Create business reviews determining long term business health and trends
• Develop concrete recommendations around how to improve forecast reliability and profitability, e.g., through real-time feedback loops Strategy and Vision
• Demonstrate leadership, influence and expertise through o Acting as gatekeeper of business knowledge and insights, liaising between Customer Development and all other business teams o Encouraging teamwork between all internal departments o Creation of synergies and finding ways to leverage best practices
• Create process alignment meetings with cross functional teams on driving S&OP improvements and deliver efficiency benefits
• Drive governance of improvement plans and ensure the sales team plans are supported through the demand forecast process
• Identify key capabilities required to improve o Based on progress in category, identify the key changes or capabilities that need to be delivered, including recommendation of new digital solutions to enhance existing ones o Agree and create a delivery roadmap for the changes o Establish annual forecast accuracy targets. Measure monthly forecast error results verses established targets and identify and report on root cause for forecast errors below target
• Identify the metrics to govern the S&OP process and identify business metrics to optimize the process
Sales Planning Manager Key Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in sales operations, sales planning, customer forecasting, or related field.
• Proven ability to lead and influence (up, down and across) through an organization. Reliable business partner across all functional areas. Highly numerate and analytical, energetic and resilient. Capable of building objective, well-structured rationales to underpin forecast assumptions.
• Vaccination Required