Senior Art Director Overview:
The Global 2D Print & Digital Sr. Art Director will be responsible for overseeing the design, development and final execution of all worldwide print, digital, visual merchandising graphics, PR & Education materials. Many of these elements will be created using supplied creative assets from the in-house Creative Agency. The Global Art Director will play a key role within the Global creative team in partnering closely with the in-house creative agency from concept to execution. This role will provide strong leadership and career development to all print and digital graphic designers.
This role reports into the SVP, Global Creative.
Senior Art Director Responsibilities:
• Effectively Lead and Mentor and manage a large in-house Print Production and Digital Design team.
• Ensure excellence in execution in all 2d print, digital, visual merchandising graphics, PR & Education work being designed and executed for the US and International markets.
• Oversee brand guidelines and evolve as needed.
• Lead and oversee look and feel of all elements of our 360 New Product launch Tool Kits and continuous category/franchise support programs In partnership with Digital & Content Ops, 3d Design Ops, Editorial/Copy, Packaging, VM/SD, creative agency, Global Marketing, Education, Global Comms and International teams.
• Responsible for creative agency vetting & selection and management based on creative tool kit and other creative needs.
• Execution of vendor strategy that would include selection and ongoing relationship with vendors to ensure on-time delivery and consistent quality across all areas of print & digital production.
• Ensure consistent, cohesive, design language throughout all print and digital materials to ensure it meets the overall objective and brand strategy, within budget and timeframe.
• Direct and oversee PDP & Education photo shoots for product photography, model parts, swatching, how-to’s & unboxing videos.
• Direct and oversee video shoots and photoshoots in collaboration with the Editorial Copy team for editorial content on social and blog.
• Oversee Campaign & PDP budget in partnership of SVP
• Oversee retouching and print color standards for video and still photography
• Define retouching standards for all model to product photography in partnership with the agency
• Present Design Direction during weekly creative touch base with senior level Management.
• Work closely with 3d Design Ops and 3D Merchandising team on visualization strategy and calendar
• Collaborate with Digital & Content Ops, agency and Editorial team on creative briefs and refining our design process for each type of creative request.
• Oversee in partnership with 3d ops Packaging & VM ops team all print production standards to final execution.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
• Partner with the Global Marketing & Global Communications to ensure excellence in execution for all channels in-store and digital. Maintain global brand image.
• Partner with International Team & US Marketing on all market adherence to global brand guidelines, launch tool kits and new market openings.
• Partner with Global Education on all aspects of global education materials TTT, Seasonal work books, E learnings platform.
• Partner with Global Digital team on all aspects of look and feel and tone of voice is maintained on all digital platforms.
• Partner with Global Communication and Social on all aspects of look and feel and tone of voice is maintained on all Social platforms. Co-own all global social media guidelines.
• Partner with the creative agency on all new product launch campaign assets for digital, social, paid media and in-store.
• Partner with HR to further develop and mentor existing talent and recruit new talent.
• Bachelor’s degree in a design related field
• 10+ years’ work experience in a creative 2d & digital design position with a very strong background in Digital and in-store Visual Design.
• Experience in Skincare, Cosmetics and Fragrance industry.
• Experience working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates strong leadership capability; able to lead teams both, internal and external teams
• Self-motivated, innovative and able to multi-task under pressure in fast paced environment
• Must be highly organized; excellent time management skills as well as fiscally responsible
• Print production and Digital Production experience a must.
• Superior project management skills, Tracking multiple parallel deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
• Proficient in use in Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop and Microsoft office