24 Seven is partnering with their top global sportswear client based in Portland, OR, to find a Senior Brand Communications Manager to join their team in this hybrid role of 3 days onsite. This is a 12-month contract, with potential to extend or turn into a full-time salaried position with benefits. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401k and holiday pay.
Ideal Candidate: Experience in working with DEI campaigns, cultural or community programs. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with an emphasis in Communications/ Marketing/ Business preferred. 4 years sports or other product marketing or related experience in the Sporting Goods Industry.
• Develop, manage and implement horizontal brand marketing campaigns and activations for key initiatives and/or categories with direct responsibilities for coordinating execution of event, digital, social and media tactics.
• Partner with Global to understand the global strategy, positioning and support plan for key concepts and influence the development of Global creative to ensure campaigns and tools are relevant within the US market
• Drive overall integrated Communications planning for key concepts and category initiatives, setting high level Communications goals and leading a cross functional team, including PR, In-store/Retail, Events, Product, Sports Marketing and Account Marketing in the development and implementation of campaign strategies and executional plans
• Support in strategic planning phase of the key Brand level program initiatives for the US in close collaboration with US Brand Communications and Activation teams.
• Assist in the development of execution plans and comprehensive program calendars to inform and align all brand and horizontal category U.S. Brand Communications activities.
• Responsible for the daily management of internal and external resources (agencies) in campaign briefings and execution.
• Maintain a deep operational relationship with U.S. Communication Category leads, Global Brand Communications and channel heads to ensure full coordination of program activities and compliance with comprehensive brand activation calendar.
• In partnership with relevant U.S. Brand Communications category leads, drive cross functional team process with Newsroom, digital, retail and event marketing specialists to ensure a consistent, consumer relevant message is brought to life across all key touchpoints.
• Manage consumer knowledge and competition knowledge tools and processes with internal and external partners.
• Partner with Account Marketing, Retail and eComm to understand and exploit retail opportunities and ensure Brand Marketing toolkits are relevant, actionable, impactful
• Coordinate campaign/activation recaps and post mortems, identifying and sharing key learnings, analytics delivery against KPIs and best practice sharing
Knowledge and Experience:
• Proven results and orientation based in critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Organizational and executional skills when owning a project/activation
• Consistent, proven ability to drive comprehensive, connected programs across channels.
• Able to identify, inspire and contribute to innovative, break through creative programs.
• Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal/relationship building skills.
• Experience working in or managing agency partnerships and building strategic relationships.
• Deep knowledge of both traditional and digital/social marketing channels.
• Proven ability to articulate and deliver insightful briefs at all levels in various formats.
• Effective presenting to and inspiring diverse groups and stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively organize and manage cross-functional teams.
• Experience managing direct reports while coaching and providing career development opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills
Skills and Abilities:
• Relentless drive and commitment to win, working extremely well under pressure.
• Strategic, organized and solution-oriented with an attention to detail.
• Innovative creative thinker, contributor and source of inspiration.
• Self starter. Can independently initiate, prioritize and manage workload.
• Effective influencer and ability to drive consensus across multiple teams and stakeholders.
• Collaborative by nature. Able to partner with internal and external teams.
• Effective communicator to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to take complex + ambiguous information and provide clarity + direction.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with an emphasis in Communications/Marketing/Business preferred
• 4 years sports or other product marketing or related experience in the Sporting Goods Industry
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree