The Senior Content Editor plays a critical role in the management of communications and platforms that support thought leadership and market positioning.
This person is a superb writer and digital content strategist/creator with a pulse on current technology and digital/social media best practices that drive innovative, modern corporate communications; also has an eye for the aesthetics of beautiful content creation/curation.
What You’ll Do
• Writing and Editing (60%)
• Editing a wide variety of content marketing projects, including blog and website copy, research reports, case studies, infographics, etc.
• Apply a consistent tone of voice to various thought leadership pieces from across the agency. Pieces will range from full research reports to short form articles to agency POVs. • Ensure proper and consistent grammar and formatting
• Work with members of the team to develop and hone writing skills
• Work with the current brand style guide and ensure consistent application to the content as well as the platform
• Ensure each piece of content is properly optimized for SEO best practices
• Provide team with key analytics on the site traffic and behaviors
Preferred Skills & Experience
• 5-7 years’ experience in a relevant writing/editing role (newsroom experience a plus)
• The successful candidate will be skilled across different content types, has a passion for storytelling, is a self-starter, and a master at effective communication.
• Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to distill nuanced ideas into concise, audience-driven communication.
• Social/Digital expert with a passion for knowledge of the latest platforms, tools, best practices and demonstrated ability to drive innovative, engaging content that meets business needs
• Strong experience using digital communications in corporate environments, including content creation/curation and site management