Our client, a global creative and media agency focused on social is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join their team!
Full time, direct hire
Hybrid, 2-3 days onsite in Culver City
Must be vaccinated
Must have social and TikTok experience
Salary depending on candidate experience
You will be a strategic creative thinker and storyteller who is always making. You will have mastered writing and editing copy for social content and campaigns in the distinct and unique voices of our clients. You can handle anything from brand manifestos, multi-channel campaigns, social content, creative strategy, and everything in between.
As a SENIOR COPYWRITER, you will be at the heart of a fast-paced team, working with visual creatives and writers to constantly be making, building brands through campaign-level thinking and tactical executions. Beyond writing and concepting, you will also be comfortable presenting to and working with clients in real-time situations. You are proactive, hands-on, and detail-oriented, able to own projects from ideation through to execution.
You will have a deep knowledge and understanding of culture (internet culture, memes, pop culture, television, music, gaming, etc.), as well as how social media platforms are used and the role they play in culture. You will always be strategizing with team members, searching for community insights, and identifying larger cultural trends to activate around.
In this specific role, you will need to have a broad general understanding of and interest in the TikTok platform. You live in this space and understand the nuances of TikTok culture. You are an avid TikTok creator and engage daily with content on the platform.
- Writing and editing copy for social content and campaigns, including, but not limited to Campaign Ideas, Campaign Manifestos, TVC & Video Scripts, Brand Identity Decks (Social Voice), Brand Manifestos, Concept Write Ups, Social Copy, Creative Strategy Overviews, and Social POVs
- Create strong and compelling idea write-ups, copy, headlines, taglines and calls to action
- Conceptualize and articulate multi-platform campaigns and tactical executions
- Be able to ideate with an Art Director partner, as well as independently
- Concept and collaborate with other creative and internal teams
- Implement client and internal feedback with ease and in a timely manner
- Work with Account & Strategy teams to ensure creative concepts and copy are on brand and strategically sound
- Can ideate against specific social platforms, including but not limited to Twitter (Feed & Fleets), Instagram (feed, Stories, Reels, TV), TikTok, Facebook, YouTube
- Present ideas internally and to clients
- Lead junior creatives, mentoring and growing the creative team while collaborating
- Work with team to identify, source, and ideate against trends in real-time
- Creative portfolio mandatory should represent a body of integrated work: big campaigns (not just one-offs), digital/social-first creative ideas, longform and short-form content, some innovation-led, experiential, digital, or OOH work is a plus but not mandatory
- 5+ years of agency-side experience writing copy on social campaigns
- Once work is sold, has experience seeing it all the way through to completion
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at once
- Self-motivated & proactive with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Culturally immersed and passionate about TikTok & trends
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media platforms
- Flawless knowledge of spelling and grammar with ability to break rules as needed
- Deep vocabulary, working knowledge of slang terms and colloquial expressions
- A knack for picking up different editorial voices, understanding why they work, and switching between them quickly
- Working knowledge of design vocabulary and terminology
- Proficiency in Google Suite (email, docs, drive, slides)
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space