Senior Creative Services Manager & Visual Merchandising Overview:
Our client, leading luxury beauty brand, is looking for a Senior Manager, Creative Services & Visual Merchandising. This person will manage the Creative and Merchandising teams and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department, including producing select high-exposure design projects, overseeing project timelines and maintaining brand standards. They will collaborate with cross-functional partners for all visual/creative needs including marketing materials, digital/PR communication, and corporate branding.
Senior Creative Services Manager & Visual Merchandising Responsibilities:
- Oversee all creative requests for North America, including video production.
- Direct projects from concept through completion including the coordination of photo shoots, retouching, mechanical production, and ensuring final visuals are held to brand standards.
- Oversee the development of all visual merchandising elements for retailers, the Academy, PR Events and Trade Shows.
- Lead the design conceptualization of merchandising for all new launches to maximize the impact at point of sale ensuring the VM team executes programs on time and with input from all key stakeholders.
- Lead sourcing of outside vendors, artists & designers for new innovative creative solutions.
- Responsible for managing fee & contract negotiations including estimates and samples on time and within budget constraints.
- Partner with the Creative and VM teams in Paris to obtain assets, gain approvals and influence the development process.
- Partner with 360 Marketing to communicate asset needs to HQ and optimize process for all creative requests.
- Manage vendors and negotiations to ensure the best price for all external projects.
- Plan and manage operating budget for Visual Merchandising
- Lead & inspire Creative and VM teams to develop innovative design solutions, from broad concept development through implementation.
- In partnership with VP of E-Business & Communications, ensure all visual merchandising and creative elements are aligned with brand tone, look & feel.
Senior Creative Services Manager & Visual Merchandising Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of experience
- BA/BS/BFA in graphic design
- Ability to inspire and engage cross-functional teams as well as direct reports
- Superior organizational, project management and design skills; attention to detail
- Extraordinary design aesthetic and expertise
- Ability to multitask, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Understanding of current trends in design and merchandising
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Experienced in using the Adobe Creative Suite software as well as MS Office software.