Our client, a well known global agency, is looking to add a Senior Digital Art Director to their growing team on a Fulltime basis, starting immediately. This role will be part of an extremely exciting and cutting edge initiative!
Overview of the brand:
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Why this role?
Through work with one of the agency's biggest client, they have evolved a "top selling item" into unchartered territory for the digital space, and are now working on a new frontier and setting the standard in this industry. We will be creating hard working, attention grabbing animations that help families explore new worlds and interact with fanciful characters and licenses. We need a lead motion designer who can use animation to tell fun and engaging stories and can help guide and shape this new technology with a point of view they’re not afraid to share.
Who are you?
As a Senior Digital Art Director, you’ll have the opportunity to be on a team that pushes boundaries, and champions out-of-the-box thinking. Responsible for crafting program concepts that drive consumer engagement, you’ll be working with a group that cares about producing effective, head-turning digital engagements almost as much as they care about other people.
Fearless, passionate and imaginative, you’ll push the boundaries of visual design, marketing and concept creation — building best-in-class experiences that build stronger human connections.
You are obsessed with ideas, interaction, and engagement. As someone who understands concept-driven interaction, you excel at bringing ideas to life digitally in a way that is both engaging and thought-provoking. You collaborate seamlessly with creatives, strategists and motion teams, and are comfortable working with developers and UX to drive the creation of on-brand, large promotional activations in a digital space.
Senior Digital Art Director Responsibilities:
- This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, driving the ideation and execution of various client programs and brand promotions.
- Works and collaborates with the creative team to build big ideas and designs for digital brand promotions that invoke interaction and engagement
- Interpret briefs in order to build designs that are strategically driven, thoughtful and compelling - not just "pretty"
- Create high-fidelity mockups, amazing prototypes with animations, and implement your designs to pixel perfection
- Present creative concepts and designs internally and externally - while backing them up - with powerful rationale
- Help lead and mentor junior talent to ensure projects remain on task and on strategy
- Keep up-to-date with trends and developments in the industry and identifying design capabilities that should be adopted
- Coach teams and clients on best-in-class UI/ interaction experience design
Senior Digital Art Director Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years designing experiences and promotional initiatives in (in digital, social, site, etc.)
- Proficient with Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite
- Robust experience with mobile standard methodologies and designing with mobile in mind
- Strong understanding of how to design and set up files for motion and animation hand-off
- Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, layout design, hierarchy, and user experience (motion graphics is a plus)
- Collaborative and an open-minded problem solver, able to conceptualize and express ideas with others while helping elevate the work
- Self-starter/self-motivated, able to manage the day-to-day interactions on existing projects
- Able to operate in full digital workflows, including but not limited to:
- Interpret wireframes into graphic UIs
- Design experience for both mobile and desktop
- Work within accessibility standards
- Prep and deliver pixel-perfect files for delivery
- Commanding grasp of user-centered design practices, rapid ideation tools
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with a positive, helpful, and team-focused mentality
- Strong portfolio with examples of recent digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution
- Experience working in social media is a plus
- Bonus points for past work on large-scale sweepstakes and promotions
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your portfolio today!